ICS trouble with 2 XP Clients to x64Vista host, net OW works great

nomail@here.com

ICS trouble with 2 XP Clients to x64Vista host, net OW works great
Hello,

Formerly, I had two XPSP2 clients that successfully used a third XPSP2
host to connect to the 'Net. The host used it's onboard NIC to the
cable modem. Two additional NICs connected the clients to the host
via their NICs.

Life has been good.

Yesterday, I installed Vista x64 with the SP1 update on the host PC. I
enabled the host to Internet modem connection as shared, but only one
client can access the net. Both clients appeared in the connected
clients tab to use the shared connection but only one can be selected.

Both clients can access the host's shared folders, as well as the host
can access both client's shared resources. So the TCP/IP is fine, it's
the second client's 'Net acces I can't gt to work.

How can I set up the host and the clients so all three can access the
'Net?

Thanks
TR
nomail@here.com

Re: ICS trouble with 2 XP Clients to x64Vista host, net OW works great
The tricks were:

1. Temporarily re-install XP/SP3 on the host(fom a backup onto a spare
drive) and use the "Network Setup Wizard" defaults to enable 'Net
connections and ICS among all three computers running XP/SP3. Then,
shut down the two XP/SP3 clients and un-hook their cables from the
host that was temporarily running XP/SP3.

2. Reboot the host into x64 Vista, and use device manager to uninstall
all three NICs from my desktop. Reboot, let Vista re-install all
three cards. They show red X's since there are no connections, the
two clients and the cable modem are not hooked up.

3. Then connect NIC(1) on the host up to the cable modem for Internet
access, which always worked with no problems.

4. Shut down all PCs, connect the clients to the host and boot up the
host and both clients with XP/SP3, keeping the previous settings from
(1) above.

5. Verify the host can access all shared folders on the clients.

6. On the host, go to "Network and Sharing Center" then to "Manage
Connections." Select then right click on the two client's entries,
select "Bridge."

7. Get the DNS server numbers from the primary Internet connection.
Manually enter them into the settings for both hosts. Shut down all
three computers. (This shut-down wasn't really needed)

8. Re-boot all three. You should now have access among all three PCs,
and all three will access the 'Net.

TR