Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

varulv

Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

Hello, I'm currently having trouble installing Vista Home Premium x64 on
my system and could use a helping hand. I can boot the DVD from startup
and get through the green scrolling bar but after that loads onto the
next screen (blue/green background) I'm just left there with a mouse
pointer. There aren't any dialogue boxes, no error messages, nothing
seems to load, just the background and the mouse pointer. I can't think
of how to get past this problem and would appreciate any advice!

My PC (self build) spec is:

ASUS P5B Mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
2Gb Geil PC6400 800mhz
200Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200
Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 Mb

--
varulv
Donny Broome

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.
Did these symptoms begin AFTER an aborted or failed installation? If so, I
have seen this before.

--

------------------------------
Donny Broome

"varulv" <varulv.37lry5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hello, I'm currently having trouble installing Vista Home Premium x64 on
> my system and could use a helping hand. I can boot the DVD from startup
> and get through the green scrolling bar but after that loads onto the
> next screen (blue/green background) I'm just left there with a mouse
> pointer. There aren't any dialogue boxes, no error messages, nothing
> seems to load, just the background and the mouse pointer. I can't think
> of how to get past this problem and would appreciate any advice!
>
> My PC (self build) spec is:
>
> ASUS P5B Mobo
> Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 Ghz
> 2Gb Geil PC6400 800mhz
> 200Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200
> Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 Mb
>

> --
> varulv

Jello man

varulv;677717 Wrote:
> I'm just left there with a mouse pointer. There aren't any dialogue
> boxes, no error messages, nothing seems to load, just the background and
> the mouse pointer.

How long did you wait? I ran into the same thing installing a dual-boot
with x32 XP/x64 Home Premium, but after 5-10 minutes setup continued
without problems.

--
Jello man

My Modest Little System`s Specs:

- Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
- AMD 9550 Agena - B3 Stepping
- 4GB G. Skill DDR2 1066 RAM
- Sapphire HD 3470 GPU
- ExcelStor 160 GB HDD
- Vista x64 Home Premium SP1
- Some love
Chopper

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

I have exactly the same issue:cry:

Been trying for 3 evenings now to install Home Premium 64 bit, can't
even get XP to boot without being in safe mode.

--
Chopper
Curious

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.
What make/model of 64bit computer do you have?
What does the inability to install Vista 64 have to do with booting of XP 32
bit, since you have to install
Vista 64 bit directly from the installation DVD?
"Chopper" <Chopper.37pr00@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I have exactly the same issue:cry:
>
> Been trying for 3 evenings now to install Home Premium 64 bit, can't
> even get XP to boot without being in safe mode.
>

> --
> Chopper

Chopper

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

As Vista Home Premium refuse to install i tried Windows XP which will
not boot past the splash screen without being in safe mode.

My Specs are:

Core2 Duo E6750

XFX 680 LT Sli mobo

4 GB Corsair 6400 DHX Ram (Only 1 gb stick used for install)

XFX 8800 GTS 320mb

WD 2500AAKS Hard Drive

--
Chopper
Curious

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.
It appears that you will have to solve the problem as to why XP will not
boot in normal mode before again trying to install V64 by booting from the
DVD.
Suggest you try using 2GB of memory and reinstall your Nvidia drivers from
safe mode in XP.
"Chopper" <Chopper.37pxxz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> As Vista Home Premium refuse to install i tried Windows XP which will
> not boot past the splash screen without being in safe mode.
>
> My Specs are:
>
> Core2 Duo E6750
>
> XFX 680 LT Sli mobo
>
> 4 GB Corsair 6400 DHX Ram (Only 1 gb stick used for install)
>
> XFX 8800 GTS 320mb
>
> WD 2500AAKS Hard Drive
>

> --
> Chopper

Chopper

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

I have tried that already.

--
Chopper
Chopper

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

I've now replaced the motherboard with a brand new item, the DVD drive
is new to.

And Vista/XP will not install.............Still.:cry:

--
Chopper
scrooge

Re: Cannot begin vista installation after booting from DVD.

i had this happen to me aswell but with my system after about 5 mins it
kicked in . and for some reason it was my 1.44 foppy drive. i disabled
it in the bios and ran setup again. this time no hanging at all. not
sure why it happens but i don't use the drive so i just removed it all
together. hope this helps you .
scrooge

--
scrooge