found new hardware every boot

Arko

found new hardware every boot
Hi!

I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate (three days now) in a box with
Asus P5VD2-X, D-link DLW-G510 and Webcam NX-Pro Creative.
All drivers are installed but Dlink which I got from their site. Everything
works perfectly except that almost every boot all drivers are automatically
installed again.
That is really annoying because I have to configure wireless connection
(which is lost and the number is now #34) and the 5.1 speakers (it is stereo
when it occurs).
A strange stuff is that sometimes it does not happen.
Any help?

Thanks.

dev

Re: found new hardware every boot
/Arko/ said:

> I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate (three days now) in a box with
> Asus P5VD2-X, D-link DLW-G510 and Webcam NX-Pro Creative.
> All drivers are installed but Dlink which I got from their site. Everything
> works perfectly except that almost every boot all drivers are automatically
> installed again.
> That is really annoying because I have to configure wireless connection
> (which is lost and the number is now #34) and the 5.1 speakers (it is stereo
> when it occurs).
> A strange stuff is that sometimes it does not happen.

Type your subject into http://google.com
Arko

Re: found new hardware every boot
Hi dev!

Thanks for your answer. I already did that and I tryed all sugestions found
there I guess . No results yet. I am almost giving up. That problem is very
disturbing because beside have to reconfigure some stuff as I said, drivers
for all computer are installed during boot time and it takes a while (with
no Internet connection or sound).
I will keep trying to solve that problem a little bit... I hope it does not
last too much.

"dev" <dev@null.invallid> escreveu na mensagem
> /Arko/ said:
>>
>> I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate (three days now) in a box
>> with
>> Asus P5VD2-X, D-link DLW-G510 and Webcam NX-Pro Creative.
>> All drivers are installed but Dlink which I got from their site.
>> Everything
>> works perfectly except that almost every boot all drivers are
>> automatically
>> installed again.
>> That is really annoying because I have to configure wireless connection
>> (which is lost and the number is now #34) and the 5.1 speakers (it is
>> stereo
>> when it occurs).
>> A strange stuff is that sometimes it does not happen.

> Type your subject into http://google.com

Arko

Re: found new hardware every boot
Problem solved... I guess.

I upgraded the BIOS (from 0201 to 0305) downloaded from Asus. I hope this
information is useful for someone.

"dev" <dev@null.invallid> escreveu na mensagem
> /Arko/ said:
>>
>> I have just installed Windows Vista Ultimate (three days now) in a box
>> with
>> Asus P5VD2-X, D-link DLW-G510 and Webcam NX-Pro Creative.
>> All drivers are installed but Dlink which I got from their site.
>> Everything
>> works perfectly except that almost every boot all drivers are
>> automatically
>> installed again.
>> That is really annoying because I have to configure wireless connection
>> (which is lost and the number is now #34) and the 5.1 speakers (it is
>> stereo
>> when it occurs).
>> A strange stuff is that sometimes it does not happen.

> Type your subject into http://google.com

Don

Arko wrote:
> Problem solved... I guess.
>
> I upgraded the BIOS (from 0201 to 0305) downloaded from Asus. I hope
> this information is useful for someone.

Sometimes the BIOS update website will include a list of the bugs
which have been fixed. Did you see any mention of Vista or your
particular problem on the website?
Arko

Re: found new hardware every boot
no I did not see any mention about my problem or Vista there. And I upgraded
it "just for fun" before format and install Windows XP.