Restart Vista

=?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

Restart Vista
When I used XP Pro I had a package called Tweak UI. Is thewre a version for
Vista (Ultimate)? Thank you. Bob
Malke

Re: Restart Vista
topcat wrote:
> When I used XP Pro I had a package called Tweak UI. Is thewre a version for
> Vista (Ultimate)? Thank you. Bob

No. I'm not sure what TweakUI has to do with "Restart Vista" though. If
you want help with tweaking something, let us know what and maybe
someone will have a solution for you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

Re: Restart Vista
I would like a program to shut down my Vista PC, restart it and launce 2
prorgams (Outlook & Internet explorer). Many thanks for your reply. Bob

"Malke" wrote:

> topcat wrote:
> > When I used XP Pro I had a package called Tweak UI. Is thewre a version for
> > Vista (Ultimate)? Thank you. Bob

> No. I'm not sure what TweakUI has to do with "Restart Vista" though. If
> you want help with tweaking something, let us know what and maybe
> someone will have a solution for you.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Re: Restart Vista
topcat wrote:
> I would like a program to shut down my Vista PC, restart it and launce 2
> prorgams (Outlook & Internet explorer). Many thanks for your reply. Bob

Aside from hiring a servant, I don't have any suggestions for you. ;-)
I'm sure someone else will come along with some advice though.

Good luck,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Richard Urban

Re: Restart Vista
Try this!

Create a new shortcut on your desktop. Browse to
C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe. Right click and send to desktop create
shortcut.

After it has been created, rename the shortcut to Restart Computer. Then go
to the
shortcut's properties and paste "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 002"
in the target line. This will restart the computer after 2 seconds. Save and
exit.

Now, copy the shortcut for the programs you wish to start automatically into
the all users/startup folder.

When you double click on the desktop icon the computer will reboot. When
Windows starts, the 2 programs you placed in the startup folder will
initialize.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"topcat" <topcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like a program to shut down my Vista PC, restart it and launce 2
> prorgams (Outlook & Internet explorer). Many thanks for your reply. Bob
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> topcat wrote:
>> > When I used XP Pro I had a package called Tweak UI. Is thewre a
>> > version for
>> > Vista (Ultimate)? Thank you. Bob

>> No. I'm not sure what TweakUI has to do with "Restart Vista" though. If
>> you want help with tweaking something, let us know what and maybe
>> someone will have a solution for you.
>>

>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

John Barnett MVP

Re: Restart Vista
There is an application called TweakVI (there is a free version). This will
put a shutdown/ restart/ sleep button on the desktop. I'm not sure whether
it will do what you want it to do but you can certainly tweak windows Vista
just as easy as you tweaked XP with tweakui. Take a look at the review on my
website. You will also find the developer's website details on the review
page: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/tweakvi.htm

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert