cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation
I've seen simular post as this one but haven't found the appropriate answer
yet....
My problem is this: I'm trying to install Vista Home Premium 64bit on a
brand new
configuration with dual core intel, asus P5W Deluxe motherboard, Plextor
DVD-rom PX 130A, and NEC DVD RW ND 3550A. At installation Vista alerts that a
required cd-dvd driver cannot be found.
I have tried all possible set-ups with both optical devices (master-slave,
single-combined), even tried others from another desktop that I have but
always with the same result. I have also updated my bios and flashed all
devices to the latest
firmware without any result.
Really getting desperate now ....

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

RE: cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation
The strangest thing: I did a perfect clean Windows XP home install from the
Plextor DVD PX-130A drive. After installation, when I insert the Vista DVD,
the drive is recognised (as cd-rom) but cannot read its content. In fact, it
does not recognise any disk. The other drive works fine....
Is there a compatibility or a bios issue?

"Patrick" wrote:

> I've seen simular post as this one but haven't found the appropriate answer
> yet....
> My problem is this: I'm trying to install Vista Home Premium 64bit on a
> brand new
> configuration with dual core intel, asus P5W Deluxe motherboard, Plextor
> DVD-rom PX 130A, and NEC DVD RW ND 3550A. At installation Vista alerts that a
> required cd-dvd driver cannot be found.
> I have tried all possible set-ups with both optical devices (master-slave,
> single-combined), even tried others from another desktop that I have but
> always with the same result. I have also updated my bios and flashed all
> devices to the latest
> firmware without any result.
> Really getting desperate now ....

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation
A DVD driver has one laser for the DVD side and another for the CD side. If
it's not reading any DVDs, then the DVD laser has probably died.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The strangest thing: I did a perfect clean Windows XP home install from
> the
> Plextor DVD PX-130A drive. After installation, when I insert the Vista
> DVD,
> the drive is recognised (as cd-rom) but cannot read its content. In fact,
> it
> does not recognise any disk. The other drive works fine....
> Is there a compatibility or a bios issue?
>

> "Patrick" wrote:
>
>> I've seen simular post as this one but haven't found the appropriate
>> answer
>> yet....
>> My problem is this: I'm trying to install Vista Home Premium 64bit on a
>> brand new
>> configuration with dual core intel, asus P5W Deluxe motherboard, Plextor
>> DVD-rom PX 130A, and NEC DVD RW ND 3550A. At installation Vista alerts
>> that a
>> required cd-dvd driver cannot be found.
>> I have tried all possible set-ups with both optical devices
>> (master-slave,
>> single-combined), even tried others from another desktop that I have but
>> always with the same result. I have also updated my bios and flashed all
>> devices to the latest
>> firmware without any result.
>> Really getting desperate now ....

NickW.

Re: cd/dvd drive device driver missing at installation

I recently purchased a POS system for my business roughly 3 months ago
by POSISYS formerly known as ISimplicity POS. (THEE WORST POS SYSTEM
I'VE EVER OPERATED- but thats for another posting) My system worked
completly fine the first couple of months. Vista did an automatic update
and the next morning, my first transaction did not print out a receipt.
I figured something was wrong with the printer so I called the
manufacturer and they were unable to diagnose after uninstalling and
reinstalling the drivers. As, a matter of fact, when attempting to
uninstall the printer drivers, the computer locks up and the Windows
must be restarted. Later, I tried printing barcodes and that printed
also was not printing and that manufacturer also was unsuccessfull in
diagnosing the problem. I called ISimplicity and a system restore was
done and still no successful results. What are my options besides
purchasing another Windows Vista or returning this $3500 system that
does not print anything? Please Help.

I called a technician to come out and he explained that Vista was stuck
in a loop that has somehow corrupted my drivers....OK....so how do I get
them un- corrupted?

-A frustarted business owner-

--
NickW.