Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!

Sebas

Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
Hi, after reading most of the posts on the topic, i couldnt find a solution...

I'm trying to install an Hp LaserJet printer, simple task... but then, after
a couple of "next's" in the installation, a message pops up saying i have no
administrator privileges... ok, after reading about the famous UAC, it still
wont install after disableing it... I also tred moving some of the options on
the administrative tools - local security settings... but thre's no way...
I have reinstalled Vista a couple of times just in case and still nothing...
PLEASE!! HELP!!!

I'm Runing Windows Vista Ultimate, tried with and with out SP1.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
All you do is right-click on the installation or setup file
and select "Run as administrator".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sebas" wrote:

Hi, after reading most of the posts on the topic, i couldnt find a solution...

I'm trying to install an Hp LaserJet printer, simple task... but then, after
a couple of "next's" in the installation, a message pops up saying i have no
administrator privileges... ok, after reading about the famous UAC, it still
wont install after disableing it... I also tred moving some of the options on
the administrative tools - local security settings... but thre's no way...
I have reinstalled Vista a couple of times just in case and still nothing...
PLEASE!! HELP!!!

I'm Runing Windows Vista Ultimate, tried with and with out SP1.

Sebas

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
Sorry, couldnt find how to edit my first post, that was the first thing i
tried... but as you know, this kind of installations use multiple .exe apps,
so when I do that on the first setup.exe, it looks like it doesnt affect the
rest... i even tried copying the cd to my hard drive and changeing the
properties of most of the applications to "execute as an administrator" and i
get the same message....

I'm desperate!!! any ideas???
is there a way to kind of "turn off" the security?

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> All you do is right-click on the installation or setup file
> and select "Run as administrator".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows System & Performance

> "Sebas" wrote:
>
> Hi, after reading most of the posts on the topic, i couldnt find a solution...
>
> I'm trying to install an Hp LaserJet printer, simple task... but then, after
> a couple of "next's" in the installation, a message pops up saying i have no
> administrator privileges... ok, after reading about the famous UAC, it still
> wont install after disableing it... I also tred moving some of the options on
> the administrative tools - local security settings... but thre's no way...
> I have reinstalled Vista a couple of times just in case and still nothing...
> PLEASE!! HELP!!!
>
> I'm Runing Windows Vista Ultimate, tried with and with out SP1.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
Is your HP printer software designed for Vista? If not,
then visit the HP support site and search for Vista
compatible software for your specific HP printer.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

--

"Sebas" wrote:

Sorry, couldnt find how to edit my first post, that was the first thing i
tried... but as you know, this kind of installations use multiple .exe apps,
so when I do that on the first setup.exe, it looks like it doesnt affect the
rest... i even tried copying the cd to my hard drive and changeing the
properties of most of the applications to "execute as an administrator" and i
get the same message....

I'm desperate!!! any ideas???
is there a way to kind of "turn off" the security?

Sebas

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
It is.... allready checked...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Is your HP printer software designed for Vista? If not,
> then visit the HP support site and search for Vista
> compatible software for your specific HP printer.
> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows System & Performance

> "Sebas" wrote:
>
> Sorry, couldnt find how to edit my first post, that was the first thing i
> tried... but as you know, this kind of installations use multiple .exe apps,
> so when I do that on the first setup.exe, it looks like it doesnt affect the
> rest... i even tried copying the cd to my hard drive and changeing the
> properties of most of the applications to "execute as an administrator" and i
> get the same message....
>
> I'm desperate!!! any ideas???
> is there a way to kind of "turn off" the security?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
Chat with HP Support:
http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows System & Performance

"Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF210768-0F60-43BA-B2CB-6FB3607B3BF2@microsoft.com...
It is.... allready checked...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Is your HP printer software designed for Vista? If not,
> then visit the HP support site and search for Vista
> compatible software for your specific HP printer.
> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows System & Performance

> "Sebas" wrote:
>
> Sorry, couldnt find how to edit my first post, that was the first thing i
> tried... but as you know, this kind of installations use multiple .exe apps,
> so when I do that on the first setup.exe, it looks like it doesnt affect the
> rest... i even tried copying the cd to my hard drive and changeing the
> properties of most of the applications to "execute as an administrator" and i
> get the same message....
>
> I'm desperate!!! any ideas???
> is there a way to kind of "turn off" the security?

Sebas

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
They say it's a problem of the operating system.... and I agree....
I've installed that same printer with the same CD in other 3 PC(under winXP)
and worked fine, and looking around in other forums, peopple have been able
to install this same software Under Vista without any problem, so it must be
something in my configuration that stands in the way...

thanx for the replies...
regards from Barcelona.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Chat with HP Support:
> http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows System & Performance

> "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF210768-0F60-43BA-B2CB-6FB3607B3BF2@microsoft.com...
> It is.... allready checked...
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Is your HP printer software designed for Vista? If not,
> > then visit the HP support site and search for Vista
> > compatible software for your specific HP printer.
> > http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Desktop Experience -
> > Windows System & Performance

> > "Sebas" wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, couldnt find how to edit my first post, that was the first thing i
> > tried... but as you know, this kind of installations use multiple .exe apps,
> > so when I do that on the first setup.exe, it looks like it doesnt affect the
> > rest... i even tried copying the cd to my hard drive and changeing the
> > properties of most of the applications to "execute as an administrator" and i
> > get the same message....
> >
> > I'm desperate!!! any ideas???
> > is there a way to kind of "turn off" the security?

Leo

Re: Wont let me install..... administrator!!!!
Perhaps you need to take ownership of the install file.

Run CMD (as administrator) and type: takeown [path] /f <filename or folder>

OR

- Right-click the file/folder you want to own, click properties

- Click Security Tab

- Click Advanced

- Click the Owner Tab

- Click Edit

- Select the Administrators group from the list

- Click OK

- Click OK

- Click OK

You have now taken 'Ownership' of the file and you can close the property

Windows

Now again

1) Right-click on the file

2) Select Properties

3) Go to the Security tab again, click the Advanced button

4) Now Press Edit, then double-click 'Administrators' in the list and tick

the 'allow' box for 'Full control'

You have now taken 'Full control' of file

--
Leo

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short
phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it
stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan