VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS

Rat_uk

VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
cd.

it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key to
boot from cd' prompt.

vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
have a dvd drive)

what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????

steve.

Dave B.

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
Are you using the DVD drive to boot from? The Vista disk is a DVD.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news6D5F4AD-E932-40C1-995B-779EDC387FFD@microsoft.com...
> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
> cd.
>
> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
> to boot from cd' prompt.
>
> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
> have a dvd drive)
>

> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>

> steve.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
It shouldn't be anything to do with it.... a normal DVD drive should work
the same as a normal CD drive if a bootable disk is inserted in it. Is it
the same optical drive each time... and bootable from the CD but not the
DVD... will it even read a DVD if you boot up in XP.... a DVD drive has one
laser used for the CD and one for the DVD, so if it won't read any DVDs,
then the DVD laser has died. Replace the drive.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news6D5F4AD-E932-40C1-995B-779EDC387FFD@microsoft.com...
> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
> cd.
>
> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
> to boot from cd' prompt.
>
> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
> have a dvd drive)
>

> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>

> steve.

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
thanks but it plays dvd's ok.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> It shouldn't be anything to do with it.... a normal DVD drive should work
> the same as a normal CD drive if a bootable disk is inserted in it. Is
> it the same optical drive each time... and bootable from the CD but not
> the DVD... will it even read a DVD if you boot up in XP.... a DVD drive
> has one laser used for the CD and one for the DVD, so if it won't read any
> DVDs, then the DVD laser has died. Replace the drive.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news6D5F4AD-E932-40C1-995B-779EDC387FFD@microsoft.com...
>> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
>> cd.
>>
>> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
>> to boot from cd' prompt.
>>
>> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
>> have a dvd drive)
>>

>> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>>

>> steve.

David B.

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
I see you finally decided to stop acting like a 3 year old and take my
advise, just a bit too late though.

--

----

> thanks but it plays dvd's ok.
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> It shouldn't be anything to do with it.... a normal DVD drive should work
>> the same as a normal CD drive if a bootable disk is inserted in it. Is
>> it the same optical drive each time... and bootable from the CD but not
>> the DVD... will it even read a DVD if you boot up in XP.... a DVD drive
>> has one laser used for the CD and one for the DVD, so if it won't read
>> any DVDs, then the DVD laser has died. Replace the drive.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news6D5F4AD-E932-40C1-995B-779EDC387FFD@microsoft.com...
>>> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem
>>> installation cd.
>>>
>>> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
>>> to boot from cd' prompt.
>>>
>>> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit
>>> does have a dvd drive)
>>>

>>> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>>>

>>> steve.

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD PROBS
you spelt 'advice' wrong retard. keep your nose out.