Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install

BobS

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
No. You will need to activate it via telephone and you can do that as many
times as you want. Just tell them you reinstalled it and need to activate.

Bob S.

"J. Delage" <JDelage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One last question - is it going to be a problem that I have already
> registered this copy of Vista and therefore "used up" my product key?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD
>
> "Dave B." wrote:
>
>> Once you've registered and activated, it is yours, no returning it. You
>> can
>> do a fresh install with the upgrade DVD.

=?Utf-8?B?Si4gRGVsYWdl?=

Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
Hi,

I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to install
it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now finding
some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a clean
install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy of
Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy to pay
the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried about.
What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number of the
Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?

Thanks,

JD
Don

J. Delage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to install
> it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now finding
> some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a clean
> install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy of
> Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy to pay
> the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried about.
> What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number of the
> Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?

I think you can do what you want with no problem. The only difference
between upgrade and full is the registration key. The only advantage
to 'full' is that you can still run XP legally, otherwise your XP key
becomes invalid after installing Vista.

I would just go ahead and do a clean install on a separate partition.
The worst that can happen is you need to do a telephone re-registration
with MS using the key you already have.
Dave B.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
> Hi,
>
> I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to
> install
> it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now
> finding
> some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a
> clean
> install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy of
> Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy to
> pay
> the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried
> about.
> What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number of
> the
> Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD

=?Utf-8?B?Si4gRGVsYWdl?=

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
How do I do a clean install with the Upgrade DVD?

Thanks,

JD

"Dave B." wrote:

> Once you've registered and activated, it is yours, no returning it. You can
> do a fresh install with the upgrade DVD.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "J. Delage" <JDelage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to
> > install
> > it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now
> > finding
> > some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a
> > clean
> > install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy of
> > Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy to
> > pay
> > the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried
> > about.
> > What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number of
> > the
> > Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JD

Dave B.

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
You use a search engine such as Google to find the procedure.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ll+upgrade+dvd

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
> How do I do a clean install with the Upgrade DVD?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD
>
> "Dave B." wrote:
>
>> Once you've registered and activated, it is yours, no returning it. You
>> can
>> do a fresh install with the upgrade DVD.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "J. Delage" <JDelage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to
>> > install
>> > it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now
>> > finding
>> > some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a
>> > clean
>> > install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy
>> > of
>> > Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy
>> > pay
>> > the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried
>> > about.
>> > What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number
>> > of
>> > the
>> > Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JD

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
See here:

Gary VanderMolen

"J. Delage" <JDelage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E51F2B-14B7-4FF0-B7BD-4BEA0A69A426@microsoft.com...
> How do I do a clean install with the Upgrade DVD?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD
>
> "Dave B." wrote:
>
>> Once you've registered and activated, it is yours, no returning it. You can
>> do a fresh install with the upgrade DVD.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "J. Delage" <JDelage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I bought Ultimate Upgrade by mistake, and stupidly decided to try to
>> > install
>> > it. I upgraded XP to Ultimate fine and registered my copy. I'm now
>> > finding
>> > some weird issues with other programs. Therefore I've decided to do a
>> > clean
>> > install of Vista Ultimate. My question is, how can I exchange my copy of
>> > Vista U. Upgrade for one of Vista Ultimate (full install). I'm happy to
>> > pay
>> > the difference, and the exchange itself isn't really what I'm worried
>> > about.
>> > What I want to make sure is that I can "free" the registration number of
>> > the
>> > Vista Ultimate Upgrade. What is the process to do that?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JD

=?Utf-8?B?Si4gRGVsYWdl?=

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
Thanks Gary.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> See here:
> http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932
>
> Gary VanderMolen

=?Utf-8?B?Si4gRGVsYWdl?=

Re: Replacing Ultimate Upgrade by Ultimate full install
Thanks Dave!