System Freeze Vista

=?Utf-8?B?amRhdmlkbQ==?=

System Freeze Vista
I performed a clean install of Vista and am now experiencing random system
freezes that last 20-60 seconds and then the system resumes like nothing
happened. The system is a Dell Dimension E520, Core 2 Duo, 1 gb RAM.

Anyone know of the problem and hopefully a fix?
Jan Hyde

Re: System Freeze Vista
jdavidm <jdavidm@discussions.microsoft.com>'s wild thoughts
were released on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:16:03 -0700 bearing the
following fruit:

>I performed a clean install of Vista and am now experiencing random system
>freezes that last 20-60 seconds and then the system resumes like nothing
>happened. The system is a Dell Dimension E520, Core 2 Duo, 1 gb RAM.
>
>Anyone know of the problem and hopefully a fix?

I do sometimes experienc long delays like that but it's
something to do with the security because sure enough a
popup appears eventually.

Did you try accessing the process list to see what the cause
is?

=?Utf-8?B?SGtrdGFsaw==?=

Re: System Freeze Vista
I am having the same Problem as jdaviddm. I am also running the Dell E520 but
with 4 gb ram on a 2.13 processor. I've tried contacting DELL already and
all they had me do was do a clean install(which COMPLETELY wiped everything
off the drive) and The problem was still here, even after I updated ALL the
software that I could find which was installed with Vista. Other forums say
its heat, but how can we check the temp in the case?

Hkktalk
ps- I miss my WoW. LOL!

"Jan Hyde" wrote:

> jdavidm <jdavidm@discussions.microsoft.com>'s wild thoughts
> were released on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:16:03 -0700 bearing the
> following fruit:
>
> >I performed a clean install of Vista and am now experiencing random system
> >freezes that last 20-60 seconds and then the system resumes like nothing
> >happened. The system is a Dell Dimension E520, Core 2 Duo, 1 gb RAM.
> >
> >Anyone know of the problem and hopefully a fix?

> I do sometimes experienc long delays like that but it's
> something to do with the security because sure enough a
> popup appears eventually.
>
> Did you try accessing the process list to see what the cause
> is?

=?Utf-8?B?c25vcnRvcA==?=

RE: System Freeze Vista
Im having the same issue here..

Mine is a Acer computer

I have tried for fun Linux and the system work great whitout fall out.

Im thinking if it could have been my Norton or some other software that i am
using. Acer have installed some pre stuff, which i have removed but the
problem exist still.

Also writing here in hope of a sollotion.
=?Utf-8?B?Z2xhc3NtYW40Mjc=?=

RE: System Freeze Vista
I am having the same problem i have xps410 Core 2 Duo, 3 gb RAM.
i DID A CLEAN INSTALL and the system freezes for about 20 seconds and then
resumes i am thinking its a display driver or something like that i am
running
One care and have not installed any other programs if any one can help
please do its driving me nuts
"jdavidm" wrote:

> I performed a clean install of Vista and am now experiencing random system
> freezes that last 20-60 seconds and then the system resumes like nothing
> happened. The system is a Dell Dimension E520, Core 2 Duo, 1 gb RAM.
>
> Anyone know of the problem and hopefully a fix?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVudW4=?=

RE: System Freeze Vista
same here!!!

it's a custom PC:
P5B Premium Vista
Geoforce 8800 GTS
Dlink DWA-552
5 hd segate 320gb sata II
1 hd WD 500gb sata II

it's a random problem, i didn't install any particular software.
It's not the heat i have all my system open on a table, temperature are all
ok, cpu temp is 35 Celsius in idle.

Windows doesn't recognize the error or the crash infact at the restart it
doesn't report anything.

Do you know if there is a software that monitor constantly my system writing
a log? so i can check what it is.