Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode

honkymagic

Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode
Okay, I need help.

After I had to restore my system (with backup) I was told by my PC
manufacturer that I needed to start Windows in safe mode, log on as an
administrator, and make some changes. I set msconfig to start windows in
Safe Mode (which I've since learned I shouldn't have done). Now, when I try
to boot, I get a message stating that "windows cannot complete installation
in safe mode" and it restarts. And does it again. And again.

I can still access the BIOS menus, the boot menus, etc, but if I try to boot
in a normal Windows start, it continues to try Safe Mode (because of the
config change, I guess) and won't start. Last Known Good Configuration
likewise hangs with the "cannot complete installation in safe mode" message.

Any thoughts on how to workaround this?

windows vista home premium
honkymagic

RE: Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode
I can access, by the way, a command prompt with my installation disc. I'm
just not very good at commandline editing, so I don't feel comfortable
trying, without help, to edit my boot order configuration through it.