How to make system boot drive (removing dualboot setup)

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=

How to make system boot drive (removing dualboot setup)
Scenario:
Didn't know if Vista would work well. So simply added another drive to my
WinXp machine. Installed Vista on this drive so I could dual boot either to
WinXP or Vista.

Works fine, can boot to XP or Vista.

Now, I have decided that Vista supports the applications I like and has the
drivers for the hardware I have on the machine.

I want to remove the WinXP drive and boot from the Vista drive.

-
Drive Details:

From the Windows Disk Management utility, drives read as follows:
Disk 0 Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partition)
Disk 1 Healthy (Boot, Page File, Active, Primary Partition)
Disk 2 Healthy (Primary Partition)

-
Disk 0 is the original boot disk with with WinXP system on it
Disk 1 is the Vista system
Disk 2 is my raid setup for storing WinMedia stuff

Question: Is there a way, without a full reinstall of Vista, to remove Disk
0 and make the Disk 1 a reckognized bootable drive for Vista (aka the system
drive)? If so, any recommendations would be appreciated.

- Rich
John Barnes

Re: How to make system boot drive (removing dualboot setup)
You can make disk 1 the first in boot priority, disconnect the disk 0. Boot
from the Vista disk and do a startup repair. You didn't say if these are
IDE or SATA, but on some systems there is a problem with getting the boot on
SATA if there is an IDE drive attached.