Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller problem in setup

XwyhyX is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller problem in setup
After the Compatibility Test the setup says that i need to update the drivers for
"Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller" so i went to the net and downloaded the latest chipset drivers for my Intel 946GZ and ran the setup again but still the same error comes... any advice???

NOTE*(i already ran Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor a couple of times and no issues where found and said that Vista Business was the best match for my PC)

Last edited by XwyhyX : 03-21-2008 at 09:20. Reason: added info

XwyhyX is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BUMP

i really need to install vista

leejcai is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
needs update driver
I'm am having the same problem, i google all that i know and no solution was found. I contacted my computer manufacturer and they adviced me to google any drivers for that specific drive since they do not provide updates to the motherboard.

Chai

Meatcicle is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the same issue... Gigabyte 965P DS3 Motherboard.
All the latest drivers....

I'm changing out my IDE drive for a SATA one in the next day or so....
I'm hoping with no IDE drives in the system, there won't be an issue.

leejcai is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally got Vista running
I finally got Vista running...about the driver updates and all those things, disregard it as all the crap people suggest are not related to the issue. When installing Vista, simply back up all your files to an external hard-drive and continue with the installation with a full rewrite. Simply overwrite and do a full installation...that would do.

Chai
domwebhost

Re: Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller problem in setup

Instead of that blockhead talking about wiping ur system and doing a
full install (personally, I thought that this was a help forum, not a "I
got my stuff working" forum) I will let you guys know how to get rid of
that annoying IDE/ESDI HD Controller error that will not allow you to
install your Vista. And here is what you do ( it worked for me, so it
should work for you).

1) Turn on PC and boot up in XP
2) Go to Device Manager and go to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and expand
it.
Next find the STANDARD IDE/ESDI Hard Disc Controller and right click
it.
3) Choose Uninstall
4) If it asks you to RESTART do NOT. When you click uninstall you
should hear the sound of an uninstall happening (that double tone)
5) Then, simply run your Vista disc as usual

I HAVE BOTH SATA AND IDE DRIVES, AND UNINSTALLING IT AND NOT REBOOTING
DID NOT CRIPPLE, OR PREVENT ME FROM ACCESSING ANY DRIVES.

Hopefully others will come to this post and get the solution instead of
listening to that blockhead's idea of just formatting,
repartitioning..etc... Geez

--
domwebhost