Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)

Daniel Svensson

Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
I have a new Vista home premium (fullversion) but when i install for the
first time it say that my vista license is already in use? i have purchase it
for many month ago,but not install it before now,somebody have likely stolen
the key!? is there anything i can do??can microsoft somehow delete my Windows
Vista activation (or my Product key?) can i somehowe prove that i own a
fullversion?? some other number maybe on the box!? i need a new key!...please
help me!

Daniel Svensson
dnicmk

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)

Daniel, I would contact the the company/person where you bought the
software from and tell them of your problem with the key.

Do you have a till receipt or even better a credit/debit card receipt.
If so you may be able to claim the money back from your Bank/Financial
institution.

If all else fails, contact MS and explain the situation in full, be
prepared to provide full information on your purchase, they are likely
help you out if they believe you bought a new licence in good faith from
a supplier.

Good Luck
David

--
dnicmk

Dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50Ghz,4GB Ram,3200GB
HD,Vista home Premium X86-SP1
Daniel Svensson

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
i think only that the company are going to state that i have sold the key or
somthing,i mean what can i say!?(and it was perhaps 7 month i buy it) i have
one ****ager at home that have many fellows running around.but what can i
prove!

im living in sweden do any now where i shall call?
it must go to prove that i own the fullversion..

thanx Daniel

"dnicmk" wrote:

> Daniel, I would contact the the company/person where you bought the
> software from and tell them of your problem with the key.
>
> Do you have a till receipt or even better a credit/debit card receipt.
> If so you may be able to claim the money back from your Bank/Financial
> institution.
>
> If all else fails, contact MS and explain the situation in full, be
> prepared to provide full information on your purchase, they are likely
> help you out if they believe you bought a new licence in good faith from
> a supplier.
>
> Good Luck
> David
>

> --
> dnicmk
>
> Dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50Ghz,4GB Ram,3200GB
> HD,Vista home Premium X86-SP1

Germ

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
I bought a new 500GB HDD as a new System disk yesterday and installed Vista
64 home premium.I'm getting the same problem as you are,when I try to
activate my Vista installation it's telling me that the product key is
already in use!

I have been using Vista since October and re-installed around a month ago
when I ugraded my CPU/Mobo/Ram and had no problem then.

"Daniel Svensson" wrote:

> i think only that the company are going to state that i have sold the key or
> somthing,i mean what can i say!?(and it was perhaps 7 month i buy it) i have
> one ****ager at home that have many fellows running around.but what can i
> prove!
>
> im living in sweden do any now where i shall call?
> it must go to prove that i own the fullversion..
>
> thanx Daniel
>
> "dnicmk" wrote:
>

> > Daniel, I would contact the the company/person where you bought the
> > software from and tell them of your problem with the key.
> >
> > Do you have a till receipt or even better a credit/debit card receipt.
> > If so you may be able to claim the money back from your Bank/Financial
> > institution.
> >
> > If all else fails, contact MS and explain the situation in full, be
> > prepared to provide full information on your purchase, they are likely
> > help you out if they believe you bought a new licence in good faith from
> > a supplier.
> >
> > Good Luck
> > David
> >

> > --
> > dnicmk
> >
> > Dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50Ghz,4GB Ram,3200GB
> > HD,Vista home Premium X86-SP1

Tom Ferguson

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
Make sure you have the DVD and whatever box it came in. Also, all the
receipts from the place you purchased it and the credit card receipt. If you
do not have the store receipt or credit card receipt, contact the place of
purchase for copies, if possible. Next, follow the process to activate the
copy. At a point in that process you will be offered the choice to activate
by phone. Follow those instructions. When you are speaking to the person,
explain the circumstances. If that person is satisfied that you are acting
in good faith, they will give you appropriate activation codes and
procedure.

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Daniel Svensson" <DanielSvensson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BB693CE0-D6C2-424E-939B-7FA128A04343@microsoft.com...
>i think only that the company are going to state that i have sold the key
>or
> somthing,i mean what can i say!?(and it was perhaps 7 month i buy it) i
> have
> one ****ager at home that have many fellows running around.but what can i
> prove!
>
> im living in sweden do any now where i shall call?
> it must go to prove that i own the fullversion..
>
> thanx Daniel
>
> "dnicmk" wrote:
>

>> Daniel, I would contact the the company/person where you bought the
>> software from and tell them of your problem with the key.
>>
>> Do you have a till receipt or even better a credit/debit card receipt.
>> If so you may be able to claim the money back from your Bank/Financial
>> institution.
>>
>> If all else fails, contact MS and explain the situation in full, be
>> prepared to provide full information on your purchase, they are likely
>> help you out if they believe you bought a new licence in good faith from
>> a supplier.
>>
>> Good Luck
>> David
>>

>> --
>> dnicmk
>>
>> Dell Inspiron 1520, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50Ghz,4GB Ram,3200GB
>> HD,Vista home Premium X86-SP1

Germ

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
I just followed the automated product rehistration procedure and was given a
new activation key which worked like a charm........plus in the UK it's a
toll free charge
John Barnes

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
So how did you buy your copy? Opened? Check with the person who sold it to
you.

"Daniel Svensson" <Daniel Svensson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5D68B9A5-2D62-4574-B31E-D58E1D1F5FE7@microsoft.com...
>I have a new Vista home premium (fullversion) but when i install for the
> first time it say that my vista license is already in use? i have purchase
> it
> for many month ago,but not install it before now,somebody have likely
> stolen
> the key!? is there anything i can do??can microsoft somehow delete my
> Windows
> Vista activation (or my Product key?) can i somehowe prove that i own a
> fullversion?? some other number maybe on the box!? i need a new
> key!...please
> help me!
>
> Daniel Svensson

Tom Ferguson

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
I'm glad it worked for you.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Germ" <Germ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just followed the automated product rehistration procedure and was given
> new activation key which worked like a charm........plus in the UK it's a
> toll free charge

f/fgeorge

Re: Windows Vista Activation! (key stolen?)
On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 03:51:02 -0700, Daniel Svensson
<DanielSvensson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i think only that the company are going to state that i have sold the key or
>somthing,i mean what can i say!?(and it was perhaps 7 month i buy it) i have
>one ****ager at home that have many fellows running around.but what can i
>prove!

If they think you stole the key, there is little you can do. It is
YOUR key and YOU lost it. Volvo does not give you a new car key just
because you lost yours. If you lose your car, they do not bring around
another one.
All that being said...call the local MS number, look on the net you
should find a toll free one, and explain the problem. If you call to
activate your pc you should have the same success others have had.

>thanx Daniel

.Joe

Daniel Svensson;652453 Wrote:
> I have a new Vista home premium (fullversion) but when i install for the
> first time it say that my vista license is already in use? i have
> purchase it
> for many month ago,but not install it before now,somebody have likely
> stolen
> the key!? is there anything i can do??can microsoft somehow delete my
> Windows
> Vista activation (or my Product key?) can i somehowe prove that i own a
> fullversion?? some other number maybe on the box!? i need a new
> key!...please
> help me!
>
> Daniel Svensson

Daniel:

This tutorial should help you. Here's the link:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

--
.Joe

_[image: