Windows Vista Business Installation

=?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBWaXN0YSBCdXNpbmVzcyBJbnN0YWxsYXRpb24=?=

Windows Vista Business Installation
Hello,

I have Windows Vista Ultimate Release Candidate 1 installed on my PC. I
bought the Upgrade Windows Vitsa Business. Every time I try to upgrade it is
not working. It tells me that I cannot upgrade. I have to install a new clean
copy which means lose all my information on my PC. Any ideas how to solve
this problem? Thanks.
John Barnes

Re: Windows Vista Business Installation
The only way to upgrade is to buy the full version. You do not have an
eligible product for use of the upgrade version.

"Windows Vista Business Installation" <Windows Vista Business Installation
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have Windows Vista Ultimate Release Candidate 1 installed on my PC. I
> bought the Upgrade Windows Vitsa Business. Every time I try to upgrade it
> is
> not working. It tells me that I cannot upgrade. I have to install a new
> clean
> copy which means lose all my information on my PC. Any ideas how to solve
> this problem? Thanks.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Windows Vista Business Installation
Going from Ultimate to Business would be considered a 'downgrade' which
means you will only be able to perform a clean install.

You will need to bite the bullet, save all of your important data and clean
install.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Windows Vista Business Installation" <Windows Vista Business Installation
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have Windows Vista Ultimate Release Candidate 1 installed on my PC. I
> bought the Upgrade Windows Vitsa Business. Every time I try to upgrade it
> is
> not working. It tells me that I cannot upgrade. I have to install a new
> clean
> copy which means lose all my information on my PC. Any ideas how to solve
> this problem? Thanks.

John Barnes

Re: Windows Vista Business Installation
Ronnie is correct, you cannot downgrade but still need the full product as
you have no eligible product.