Re-installation.

RipTheJacker

Re-installation.
Ok, so first off here is what I am working with.
1 HDD 300gb
Partition 1(includes all partitions required) = 100gb, Debian Linux
Partition 2 = 100gb Windwos XP Pro
Partitino 3 = 100gb Windows Vista Buisness

I have hardly used Vista at all up to this point. Sicne I figureed I should
atleast see what is has to offer. So, one day I got a copy from my school(I
attend a school that is part of the MSDN-AA) and install it on my home
computer. Everything worked fine until I had major problems with my XP
partition(not caused by vista) and had to re-format and re-install XP Pro(I
had to get my PC back up fast so I had to get another CD key from the school
for the XP install). I knew that Windows would not recognize my Linux
parition but i did not expect it to not recognize my Windows Vista partition.
So, my question is this, what would be the best way to go about getting my
Vista partition "re-recognized"? Should I re-install Debain wit hthe hopes
that GRUB will recognize both windows partiations (when all 3 were working
before when "Other windows Operating Systems" was selected in GRUB, it would
bring up the Vista screen to chose between Vista and XP)? Or should I repair
the Vista partition so that it is recognized? If I chose this last option
should i need a new CD key or could I re-activate it (No hardware changes)?
Are tehre any simple options I am missing? I would liek to keep the data on
my 2 Windows partitions and if possible my Linux partition as well but If I
can only keep 1 I would like to keep the XP partition. Any help here would be
appriciated. Thanks you.
andy

Re: Re-installation.
Open a command prompt windows in XP.
Insert Vista DVD in DVD drive.
Change drive to DVD drive. (F:\Documents and Settings\andy>k
Change directory to boot. (K:\>cd boot)
Execute bootsect /nt60 sys. (K:\boot>bootsect /nt60 sys)
This should cause Vista's bootmgr to run when booting up.