Importing files to Windows Calendar from Works Calendar

=?Utf-8?B?SmFublM=?=

Importing files to Windows Calendar from Works Calendar
Because my XP Pro would only export Calendar.vcs files, I exported
Calendar.vcs from my old PC via memory stick to my new Laptop w/Vista. I
imported the Calendar.vcs to Works Calendar on the laptop because Windows
Calendar only accepts Calendar.ics files. I then exported, to the Desktop,
the new Works Calendar in the Calendar.ics format because this new version of
Works Calendar would export to an ".ics" file. However Windows Calendar is
unable to import the new file with the error message "Bad file formatting
encountered. Only iCalendar files that conform to RFC2445 specification ares
supported." Please advise what I am doing wrong. I would like to use Windows
Calendar without entering all the history by hand. Thanks, Jann

Steve Urbach

Re: Importing files to Windows Calendar from Works Calendar
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:32:02 -0700, JannS
<JannS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Because my XP Pro would only export Calendar.vcs files, I exported
>Calendar.vcs from my old PC via memory stick to my new Laptop w/Vista. I
>imported the Calendar.vcs to Works Calendar on the laptop because Windows
>Calendar only accepts Calendar.ics files. I then exported, to the Desktop,
>the new Works Calendar in the Calendar.ics format because this new version of
>Works Calendar would export to an ".ics" file. However Windows Calendar is
>unable to import the new file with the error message "Bad file formatting
>encountered. Only iCalendar files that conform to RFC2445 specification ares
>supported." Please advise what I am doing wrong. I would like to use Windows
>Calendar without entering all the history by hand. Thanks, Jann

*You* bought Vista :-/ and expected it to be compatible with former MS
products. Silly person :^)

I discovered this in CPP and commented on this and printing/screen
issues (they *ass*ume that everyone runs wide screen with 3 pane
view.)
They fixed nothing reported in RC1 or RC2

Use less than 3 panes and date/DOW get lost from the available screen
area.

Try printing 2-UP (printer function, 2 BRANDS of printers/drivers),
you LOSE the time values (the column is there).
Schedule something on the WEEKEND and then select WEEKDAY view (IMHO
it should NOT allow a weekend that HAS a schedule to be hidden that
way).

Common with 'Works', Print a calendar: Whose is it ? What
computer/User? No titles, file location (or option) on hard copy.

It does have some NICE features:
Color coded ?user? schedules (multi calendars on same form).
Drag to extend appointment time (it gets tricky/awkward when crossing
Midnight, but it does work)

Steve U
sarahwoellert@gmail.com

On Mar 11, 7:32 pm, JannS <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Because my XP Pro would onlyexportCalendar.vcs files, I exported
> Calendar.vcs from my old PC via memory stick to my new Laptop w/Vista. I
> imported the Calendar.vcs toWorksCalendar on the laptop because Windows
> Calendar only accepts Calendar.icsfiles. I then exported, to the Desktop,
> the newWorksCalendar in the Calendar.icsformat because this new version ofWorksCalendar wouldexportto an ".ics"file. However Windows Calendar is
> unable to import the newfilewith the error message "Badfileformatting
> encountered. Only iCalendar files that conform to RFC2445 specification ares
> supported." Please advise what I am doing wrong. I would like to use Windows
> Calendar without entering all the history by hand. Thanks, Jann

I have the same problem importing the .ics file that I exported out of
the new works program, except that I MADE the calendar in works
instead of importing it into works. I can't get it to print right with
works, so I was going to try it with windows calendar and it won't
import it! So I tried to import it to Mozzilla Lightning instead (both
support .ics imports) and that program can't import it either! It
looks like Macro**** has done it again, they managed to make a program
that looks useful and sounds useful and is about as useful as a
lifesize cardboard stand up of Wayne Newton! The export .ics file
feature is useless!