Installation problem

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhZG83MTM=?=

Installation problem
When i install vista and try to install my wireless usb adapter Airlink plus
802.11g usb adapter it says that it can't find the driver and won't install
it. I put the driver cd that came with it and installed it but it still said
the same message. I can't find any vista drivers for it and people say they
have so can someone find a vista driver for it?
The model number is Awll3025.
BigJim

Re: Installation problem
if it is not a vista driver that is why

"BigJim" wrote:

> if it is not a vista driver that is why
> "Shado713" <Shado713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i install vista and try to install my wireless usb adapter Airlink
> > plus
> > 802.11g usb adapter it says that it can't find the driver and won't
> > install
> > it. I put the driver cd that came with it and installed it but it still
> > said
> > the same message. I can't find any vista drivers for it and people say
> > they
> > have so can someone find a vista driver for it?
> > The model number is Awll3025.

> Well is there any vista drivers for the adapter?

BigJim

Re: Installation problem
their site has no drivers for it using vista, maybe sometime in the future.
You may have to purchase a new vista compatible device or go back to xp.
"Shado713" <Shado713@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i install vista and try to install my wireless usb adapter Airlink
> plus
> 802.11g usb adapter it says that it can't find the driver and won't
> install
> it. I put the driver cd that came with it and installed it but it still
> said
> the same message. I can't find any vista drivers for it and people say
> they
> have so can someone find a vista driver for it?
> The model number is Awll3025.

=?Utf-8?B?bWhvbnplbGw=?=

RE: Installation problem
Drivers are getting to be an ugly affair with Vista. Vendors didn't want to
pay the money to Microsoft to get Digitally Certified Signatures when they
wrote their drivers for XP, so you get a message during installation stating
such. The problem is: Some of these vendors don't follow Microsoft rules when
it comes to writing to the system folders or protected areas of the registry.
With Vista, you can force the installation by right-clicking the executable
and selecting Run as Administrator. This will cause one of three effects:

1. The program (driver) will install and everything will work beautifully.
(50%)
2. The program (driver) will install, but the files will be given incorrect
permissions or incomplete registration resulting in their failure when called
upon. (49%)
3. The program (driver) will install, overwriting core system files or
registry components resulting in your copy of Vista becoming "Not Genuine"
forcing you to Restore or Re-install. (2%)

The odds are given as percentages and are my summation of forums complaining
in these areas.

Microsoft wants their OS to work correctly and MS wants the vendors to
follow the rules, even if they have to pay for it. You have just become the
driving force to make this happen.