windows installer

drdave240

windows installer
I am trying to install QuickBooks 2007 and my new Toshiba 'puter's windows
installer isn't working. Any suggestions?
.Joe

Re: windows installer

drdave240;649323 Wrote:
> I am trying to install QuickBooks 2007 and my new Toshiba 'puter's
> windows
> installer isn't working. Any suggestions?

Dave,

Are you getting any specific error messages?

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
drdave240

Re: windows installer
there was an error message but I didn't write it down. It was something like
...." windows installer is not responding". The install of QB 2007 got about
3/4 of the way to completion when the process just halted. It did this more
than once, and I was on the phone with the paid QB tech support from India.
He told me that is was a software problem with windows installer.

drdave240;649384 Wrote:
> there was an error message but I didn't write it down. It was something
> like
> ...." windows installer is not responding". The install of QB 2007 got
> about
> 3/4 of the way to completion when the process just halted. It did this
> more
> than once, and I was on the phone with the paid QB tech support from
> India.
> He told me that is was a software problem with windows installer.
>
> ".Joe" wrote:
> > > >

> > > drdave240;649323 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Dave,
> > >
> > > Are you getting any specific error messages?
> > >

> > > --
> > > .Joe
> > >
> > > _[image:
> > > http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png]

> > (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> > > _*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums*

> > (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> > > _CPU-Z_Verified

> > (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_

Dave,

There may be some left over program code from previous install
attempts. This Microsoft fix will clean up previous Windows install
software. It may or may not help your situation. You can find the fix
here: 'Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301)

Let us know if that works for you.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
pauline

Re:download my "saved" files from flashdrive
i would like to download files from a flashdrive to my laptop that is running
vista home premium but i get no joy...does anyone have any clues that may
help me out
--
pauline