Ask Promise to write a vista driver for Ultra 100

Barry

Ask Promise to write a vista driver for Ultra 100
I have tried all the XP drivers for Ultra 100 to load Vista on to my AJP
D870p laptop as there are no Vista drivers available and I do not want have
to part with my laptop. Can you tell me if there is any other way to load
Vista.

The problame is that Vista can not write to the hard drive.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
DL

Re: Ask Promise to write a vista driver for Ultra 100
If Promise has no drivers, or your motherboard or Laptop manufacturer has no
Vista drivers, there are none, period.
No need to part with your laptop, just keep winxp

"Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried all the XP drivers for Ultra 100 to load Vista on to my AJP
> D870p laptop as there are no Vista drivers available and I do not want
> have
> to part with my laptop. Can you tell me if there is any other way to load
> Vista.
>
> The problame is that Vista can not write to the hard drive.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

philo

Re: Ask Promise to write a vista driver for Ultra 100

"Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried all the XP drivers for Ultra 100 to load Vista on to my AJP
> D870p laptop as there are no Vista drivers available and I do not want

have
> to part with my laptop. Can you tell me if there is any other way to load
> Vista.
>
> The problame is that Vista can not write to the hard drive.

You first need to ***unzip*** the downloaded driver

AFAIK the windows installer will not recognize a zipped archive
when searching for drivers.

Once it's unzipped you can copy it to a floppy or cd
then be sure to select the option for installing add'l drivers at the very
first part of the install.

Now, if Vista does not accept the unzipped files
then as the other person mentioned, you will need to stay with XP

this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ndows.vista.in
stallation_setup

John Barnes

Re: Ask Promise to write a vista driver for Ultra 100
Promise has dropped support for those products years ago. Stick with XP or
adopt a different approach depending on how you use it. Even the Ultra
125's no longer are supported.