Vista vs Office 2003

Greg

Vista vs Office 2003
Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a new
laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003 disk
is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
--
Greg
Bob F.

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
Office 2003 is compatible with Vista. What is it about it that makes you
think that? All the reports indicate no problems. Are you saying you can't
read the disk in Vista?

--
BobF.
"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
> new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
> disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

DL

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
Office 2003 is fully compatible with Vista.
You have uninstalled any trial version of Office havent you?

If so and you still have problems explain *exactly* what errors you get whan
trying to install Office

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
> new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
> disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

Curious

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
I have installed Office 2003 on 3 different Vista systems 2 of which are
laptops without any problems What problem are you having when you try and
install it? If your laptop came with a short term license to office 2007
did you delete 2007 before trying to install 2003
"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
> new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
> disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

John Barnes

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
If you have problems, you might try the compatibility wizard. Type in the
search box in Control Panel

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
> new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
> disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista vs Office 2003
There are NO compatibility probs with Vista and Office 2003.
If YOU have a prob installing it, post it here!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Greg" wrote:

> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003 disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

John Barnes

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
You should probably tell him exactly what you want him to post as he has
already posted that he has some compatibility issue. Could be incompatible
with some other program he has installed, a different version of Vista
and/or Office than you have etc.

> There are NO compatibility probs with Vista and Office 2003.
> If YOU have a prob installing it, post it here!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Greg" wrote:
>
>> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
>> new
>> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
>> disk
>> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have
>> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
>> --
>> Greg

Greg

RE: Vista vs Office 2003
okay - now that I know that vista and xp or seperate from Office, I have
uninstalled all MS office programs off my laptop except the main one, when I
hit uninstall nothing happens?? When I open 2007 Office programs I get a set
up error message that reads;

"the set up controller has encountered a problem during install. Please
review the log files for futher information on the error."

How do I acces log files?
--
Greg

"Greg" wrote:

> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a new
> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003 disk
> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have to
> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
> --
> Greg

John Barnes

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
Did a trial version of Office come installed on your computer?
Did your Office programs always have this setup problem or just since you
uninstalled most of the programs or just since your trial expired.
If you tried to install Office 2003 while you have the 2007 version still on
the computer, what were the results.
When you say you uninstall all Office programs, do you mean 2007 and from
where did you uninstall them from. Office usually uninstalls as a package,
not individually, and you do a custom install if you want to only use
certain programs.
Most log files can be found in administrative tools, event viewer

> okay - now that I know that vista and xp or seperate from Office, I have
> uninstalled all MS office programs off my laptop except the main one, when
> hit uninstall nothing happens?? When I open 2007 Office programs I get a
> set
> up error message that reads;
>
> "the set up controller has encountered a problem during install. Please
> review the log files for futher information on the error."
>
> How do I acces log files?
> --
> Greg
>

> "Greg" wrote:
>
>> Can I down grade to XP if I do not have a recovery disk? I just bought a
>> new
>> laptop with Vista, I despreatly need the office programs, my Office 2003
>> disk
>> is not compatible with Vista. I would rather down grad to XP than have
>> buy 2007 Office software. How do I do this?
>> --
>> Greg

DL

Re: Vista vs Office 2003
That implies you have either a trial version of office2007 or that you
downloaded the trial
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

You *have to* uninstall any trial before you install your retail edition of
Office

Since this is a new Laptop and presumably there is no data on it yet, you
might be advised to use the manufactureres recovery option to put your sytem
back to origonal configuration, then uninstall the trial version of Office,
& reboot, before attempting to install your retail edition of Office, and I
assume it is a retail edition.