upgrading my hard drive

Joan

upgrading my hard drive
Hey, im having problems with my hard drive and im going to install my windows
vista ultimate 64 bit in a new hard drive, what should i do to reactivate my
windows if im living in Dominican Republic? help, i dont wanna loose my
windows
Kerry Brown

Re: upgrading my hard drive
If you need to reactivate try the Internet method. If this fails then follow
the on screen instructions to phone for activation.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, im having problems with my hard drive and im going to install my
> windows
> vista ultimate 64 bit in a new hard drive, what should i do to reactivate
> my
> windows if im living in Dominican Republic? help, i dont wanna loose my
> windows

John Barnes

Re: upgrading my hard drive
All you can do is select telephone activation and then hold on for an
operator if it won't activate. Hope you have a satisfactory telephone
number presented. Most are local.

"Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, im having problems with my hard drive and im going to install my
> windows
> vista ultimate 64 bit in a new hard drive, what should i do to reactivate
> my
> windows if im living in Dominican Republic? help, i dont wanna loose my
> windows

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: upgrading my hard drive

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message...

> If you need to reactivate try the Internet method. If this fails then follow
> the on screen instructions to phone for activation.

How is VISTA regarding simply cloning the contents to a new drive?

Drive Copy?

Kerry Brown

Re: upgrading my hard drive
I use Acronis True Image.

--

"David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message...
>
>> If you need to reactivate try the Internet method. If this fails then
>> follow
>> the on screen instructions to phone for activation.

> How is VISTA regarding simply cloning the contents to a new drive?
>
> Drive Copy?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: upgrading my hard drive

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message...

> I use Acronis True Image.

I have TI 9... thanks. Just wanted to know that it worked in the
event the need ever arises.

Cheers,

DM

John Barnes

Re: upgrading my hard drive
I would double check to make sure that TI 9 is compatible with Vista. There
were problems discovered later with partitions that were made with versions
not using the Vista NTFS.

> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message...
>
>> I use Acronis True Image.

> I have TI 9... thanks. Just wanted to know that it worked in the
> event the need ever arises.
>
> Cheers,
>
> DM

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

Re: upgrading my hard drive

"John Barnes" <jbarnes@email.net> wrote in message news:uCmVdfIiIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

> I would double check to make sure that TI 9 is compatible with Vista. There
> were problems discovered later with partitions that were made with versions
> not using the Vista NTFS.

I was stricly in reference to completely cloning an existing system to
a new HD. I am somewhat aware of (have experienced) the proprietary
VISTA partitioning issues... I guess that's why I was led to ask.

DM

> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <findme@m-a-m-s.comC/Odm> wrote in message

> > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message...

> >> I use Acronis True Image.

> > I have TI 9... thanks. Just wanted to know that it worked in the
> > event the need ever arises.

John Barnes

Re: upgrading my hard drive
WOW sorry, your post didn't reference that and I was just trying to remind
about the incompatibilities of pre Vista versions.