Problems After Virus attack

venkkrishy

Problems After Virus attack

Hi,

Recently i bought a Sony Vaio, i had a trojan attack few weeks back and
i removed it succesfully with the help of spyware, then i even cleaned
the reigstry entries with CC cleaner, when i restarted my system, none
of the programs programs installed were available in teh start menu
program list and my entire system administraion panel is also gone.

But when i checked out many of the softwares are working but am working
with no administrative tools. Suggest me is it better to get it
reinstalled by giving it to dealer again or can i do something on my
own.

also i have not been given any CD(Installation CD kit) along with my
Laptop.

Rgds
Venkat

--
venkkrishy
Malke

Re: Problems After Virus attack
venkkrishy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently i bought a Sony Vaio, i had a trojan attack few weeks back and
> i removed it succesfully with the help of spyware, then i even cleaned
> the reigstry entries with CC cleaner, when i restarted my system, none
> of the programs programs installed were available in teh start menu
> program list and my entire system administraion panel is also gone.
>
> But when i checked out many of the softwares are working but am working
> with no administrative tools. Suggest me is it better to get it
> reinstalled by giving it to dealer again or can i do something on my
> own.
>
> also i have not been given any CD(Installation CD kit) along with my
> Laptop.

Based on your post, it's my guess that either the machine is really not as
clean as you think it is and/or a lot of damage was done to the operating
system. You need a real Vista install DVD to try various repairs and you
also need to be fairly computer savvy. I'm not saying this to hurt your
feelings in any way, but it doesn't sound like computers are your thing.

Your laptop came with a way to restore it to factory condition. There will
be some function key or combination keypress to do when the computer first
starts up. Refer to your computer manual, the computer mftr.'s website, or
call the computer mftr.'s tech support to find out how to restore your
specific model machine to factory condition. Back up your data and then do
the restore. It will be the cleanest way.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
venkkrishy

Re: Problems After Virus attack

Hi,

Thank u so much for ur reply, i went in for a c drive restore and it
worked, well am not in hardwares really but somehow it worked out.
Thanks for ur post.
Now the only prob remaining is vista doesnt recgnisze my Mic.. i also
see a lotsa post..this is not like XP to enable and disable mic...so
struggling a bit on that.

Let me know if u can help me on that
Rgds
Venkat