configuring bios

Matthew J

Re: configuring bios
Yeah, well I picked up some wrong settings on the bios that I am aware of
and corrected. I just wish I knew what the rest should be. abit has a funky
web site that sucks, hard to get info from there.

thanks

> You sound like you are trying to overclock; don't!
> It comes out working properly by default.
>
> If you know nothing about BIOS, leave it alone, except for getting
> specific
> updates for it(from manufacturer's website) for specific items that you
> want
> to use.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Matthew Jollon" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I decided to do a complete reinstall of Vista 32 bit
>>
>> What I'd like to know is the configuration of my Bios. I am not sure of
>> some
>> of it and some help would be great.
>>
>> I have an abit NF-M2S with a AMD 64 X2 4400 running wirh corsair 2x 1gb
>> xms2
>> ddr2-800 cas mem.
>>
>> Like I said not sure about the bios settings but I am looking for proper
>> performance.
>>
>> Also have an Hauppauge HVR-1600
>>
>> I can set up the usual HD and boot process stuff, but the other timing
>> and
>> such got me lost.
>>

>> Thanks!

.Joe

Re: configuring bios

Matthew Jollon;648368 Wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I decided to do a complete reinstall of Vista 32 bit
>
> What I'd like to know is the configuration of my Bios. I am not sure of
> some
> of it and some help would be great.
>
> I have an abit NF-M2S with a AMD 64 X2 4400 running wirh corsair 2x 1gb
> xms2
> ddr2-800 cas mem.
>
> Like I said not sure about the bios settings but I am looking for
> proper
> performance.
>
> Also have an Hauppauge HVR-1600
>
> I can set up the usual HD and boot process stuff, but the other timing
> and
> such got me lost.
>

> Thanks!

I'd recommend going to your BIOS makers website and seeing if there is
a configuration guide available. Each BIOS is unique, and the settings I
have for my BIOS are likely very different from yours.

I hope this helps.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Mick Murphy

RE: configuring bios

"Matthew Jollon" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I decided to do a complete reinstall of Vista 32 bit
>
> What I'd like to know is the configuration of my Bios. I am not sure of some
> of it and some help would be great.
>
> I have an abit NF-M2S with a AMD 64 X2 4400 running wirh corsair 2x 1gb xms2
> ddr2-800 cas mem.
>
> Like I said not sure about the bios settings but I am looking for proper
> performance.
>
> Also have an Hauppauge HVR-1600
>
> I can set up the usual HD and boot process stuff, but the other timing and
> such got me lost.
>

> Thanks!

John Barnes

Re: configuring bios
Look in the manual that came with your MOBO.
If you don't have it
ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/downlo...p_m2s_m2sv.zip