MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD

cogrady is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD
Hi,

I am running Windows XP media center edition and have just bought an upgrade DVD to Vista. I have 2 DVD players on my machine but neither of them run the DVD. The only file that appears visible is a readme file and that says "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

When I boot from the DVD drive with the Vista DVD in it it starts the installation but the product key I have only allows for an upgrade and tells me I have to launch it from my current operating system. I am tearing my hair out at this stage.

Any adcice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Cillian
.Joe

Re: MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD

cogrady;647584 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows XP media center edition and have just bought an
> upgrade DVD to Vista. I have 2 DVD players on my machine but neither of
> them run the DVD. The only file that appears visible is a readme file
> and that says "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an
> operating system
> that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
>
> When I boot from the DVD drive with the Vista DVD in it it starts the
> installation but the product key I have only allows for an upgrade and
> tells me I have to launch it from my current operating system. I am
> tearing my hair out at this stage.
>
> Any adcice would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Cillian
>

> --
> cogrady

Cillian,

This tutorial will show you how to do a clean install with an upgrade
DVD:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...ade-vista.html

I hope this helps.

--
.Joe

_ (\"http://uswave.net/joetmvx64v2.png\")_
_[image: http://uswave.net/joetmvx64v2.png]_
_Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
John Barnes

Re: MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD
Are you talking about players or writers? If you have a writer have you
installed any packet writing software that may interfere.

"cogrady" <cogrady.36bk0c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows XP media center edition and have just bought an
> upgrade DVD to Vista. I have 2 DVD players on my machine but neither of
> them run the DVD. The only file that appears visible is a readme file
> and that says "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an
> operating system
> that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
>
> When I boot from the DVD drive with the Vista DVD in it it starts the
> installation but the product key I have only allows for an upgrade and
> tells me I have to launch it from my current operating system. I am
> tearing my hair out at this stage.
>
> Any adcice would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Cillian
>

> --
> cogrady

Dwarf

RE: MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD
Hi Cillian,

If you follow the instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using
Upgrade Media', also in this newsgroup (dated 9/21/2007), you should be able
to solve your
problem. You can print these instructions out so that you can refer to them.
Remember to back up all data to removeable media beforehand as this
process will format your hard disk. Applications can be reinstalled
afterwards and you can then reload your data from the backup.
Dwarf

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-5eb74dcf2be7

"cogrady" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows XP media center edition and have just bought an
> upgrade DVD to Vista. I have 2 DVD players on my machine but neither of
> them run the DVD. The only file that appears visible is a readme file
> and that says "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an
> operating system
> that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
>
> When I boot from the DVD drive with the Vista DVD in it it starts the
> installation but the product key I have only allows for an upgrade and
> tells me I have to launch it from my current operating system. I am
> tearing my hair out at this stage.
>
> Any adcice would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Cillian
>

> --
> cogrady

Bob F.

Re: MY DVD cannot read the Vista installation DVD
Upgrade XP MCE to which Vista?:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...radepaths.mspx

--
BobF.
".Joe" <Joe.36bnj3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> cogrady;647584 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running Windows XP media center edition and have just bought an
>> upgrade DVD to Vista. I have 2 DVD players on my machine but neither of
>> them run the DVD. The only file that appears visible is a readme file
>> and that says "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an
>> operating system
>> that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
>>
>> When I boot from the DVD drive with the Vista DVD in it it starts the
>> installation but the product key I have only allows for an upgrade and
>> tells me I have to launch it from my current operating system. I am
>> tearing my hair out at this stage.
>>
>> Any adcice would be greatly appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Cillian
>>

>> --
>> cogrady

> Cillian,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to do a clean install with an upgrade
> DVD:
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...ade-vista.html
>
> I hope this helps.
>

> --