Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHIxNw==?=

Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?
So I got a copy of Vista from the Power Together give away. I really want to
install it, however I'm afriad my machine may perform poorly after the
upgrade. The machine I have was custom built by myself, so I wont have any
issues upgrading it. My current motherboard is maxed out at a gig of ram and
has one of the faster processors I can put in it. Basically if I upgrade, I'm
into buying a new motherboard, faster DDR ram, a new processor, and probably
a new PCI Express graphics card (Since mine is an AGP NVidia FX5600 and
slightly dated now ). What I'm worried about, is that if I install Vista now
and find out my machines can't handle it, I'm wont be able to reinstall Vista
if I upgrade my machine. I know MS has really stepped it up in securing their
products from piracy, will this bite me in the ass? If so, I guess I'll just
sit on the disk until I can afford to rebuild my machine later this year.
pete

Re: Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?
It will be jus like XP....you uninstall from the old system and install to
new system.Then when the automatic activation misfires it will give you a
phone number to activate with.You explain the situation and you will be
OK......unless its an OEM version at which point you lie thru your teeth and
tell them the mobo needed replacing because it fried.
peter
"Billr17" <Billr17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So I got a copy of Vista from the Power Together give away. I really want
> install it, however I'm afriad my machine may perform poorly after the
> upgrade. The machine I have was custom built by myself, so I wont have any
> issues upgrading it. My current motherboard is maxed out at a gig of ram
> and
> has one of the faster processors I can put in it. Basically if I upgrade,
> I'm
> into buying a new motherboard, faster DDR ram, a new processor, and
> probably
> a new PCI Express graphics card (Since mine is an AGP NVidia FX5600 and
> slightly dated now ). What I'm worried about, is that if I install Vista
> now
> and find out my machines can't handle it, I'm wont be able to reinstall
> Vista
> if I upgrade my machine. I know MS has really stepped it up in securing
> their
> products from piracy, will this bite me in the ass? If so, I guess I'll
> just
> sit on the disk until I can afford to rebuild my machine later this year.

JW

Re: Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?
If you have a standard Vista upgrade there is no problem in replacing
components even though you might have to spend an extra 10 minutes during
the upgrade to explaing to their phone upgrade staff what you are doing.
Howver, if you an OEM copy of vista you may hava a problem since it is
basically installed on a one system and unless you MOBO is replace by an In
Warranty replacement from the MOBO vendor you can easily be violating the
intent of the EULA for the OEM version
"Billr17" <Billr17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So I got a copy of Vista from the Power Together give away. I really want
> install it, however I'm afriad my machine may perform poorly after the
> upgrade. The machine I have was custom built by myself, so I wont have any
> issues upgrading it. My current motherboard is maxed out at a gig of ram
> and
> has one of the faster processors I can put in it. Basically if I upgrade,
> I'm
> into buying a new motherboard, faster DDR ram, a new processor, and
> probably
> a new PCI Express graphics card (Since mine is an AGP NVidia FX5600 and
> slightly dated now ). What I'm worried about, is that if I install Vista
> now
> and find out my machines can't handle it, I'm wont be able to reinstall
> Vista
> if I upgrade my machine. I know MS has really stepped it up in securing
> their
> products from piracy, will this bite me in the ass? If so, I guess I'll
> just
> sit on the disk until I can afford to rebuild my machine later this year.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHIxNw==?=

Re: Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?
Thanks guys. Its the full installation disk (Not OEM or Upgrade Disk). So I
should be alright hopefully.

danmoss@gmail.com

On 11 Mar, 19:43, "pete" <p...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> It will be jus like XP....you uninstall from the old system and install to
> new system.Then when the automatic activation misfires it will give you a
> phone number to activate with.You explain the situation and you will be
> OK......unless its an OEM version at which point you lie thru your teeth and
> tell them the mobo needed replacing because it fried.
> peter"Billr17" <Bill...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > So I got a copy of Vista from the Power Together give away. I really want
> > install it, however I'm afriad my machine may perform poorly after the
> > upgrade. The machine I have was custom built by myself, so I wont have any
> > issues upgrading it. My current motherboard is maxed out at a gig of ram
> > and
> > has one of the faster processors I can put in it. Basically if I upgrade,
> > I'm
> > into buying a new motherboard, faster DDR ram, a new processor, and
> > probably
> > a new PCI Express graphics card (Since mine is an AGP NVidia FX5600 and
> > slightly dated now ). What I'm worried about, is that if I install Vista
> > now
> > and find out my machines can't handle it, I'm wont be able to reinstall
> > Vista
> > if I upgrade my machine. I know MS has really stepped it up in securing
> > their
> > products from piracy, will this bite me in the ass? If so, I guess I'll
> > just
> > sit on the disk until I can afford to rebuild my machine later this year.- Hide quoted text -

No need to lie... Phone them in the middle of the night and you get a
recorded message...

Jaime

Re: Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?
Not true since Microsoft has people from India answering phones too they
answer 24/7. Anyways, everytime I've had to call to activate someone has
always answered.
<danmoss@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1173695717.487935.326480@s48g2000cws.googlegr oups.com...
> On 11 Mar, 19:43, "pete" <p...@nowhere.net> wrote:
>> It will be jus like XP....you uninstall from the old system and install
>> new system.Then when the automatic activation misfires it will give you a
>> phone number to activate with.You explain the situation and you will be
>> OK......unless its an OEM version at which point you lie thru your teeth
>> and
>> tell them the mobo needed replacing because it fried.
>> peter"Billr17" <Bill...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > So I got a copy of Vista from the Power Together give away. I really
>> > want
>> > install it, however I'm afriad my machine may perform poorly after the
>> > upgrade. The machine I have was custom built by myself, so I wont have
>> > any
>> > issues upgrading it. My current motherboard is maxed out at a gig of
>> > ram
>> > and
>> > has one of the faster processors I can put in it. Basically if I
>> > upgrade,
>> > I'm
>> > into buying a new motherboard, faster DDR ram, a new processor, and
>> > probably
>> > a new PCI Express graphics card (Since mine is an AGP NVidia FX5600 and
>> > slightly dated now ). What I'm worried about, is that if I install
>> > Vista
>> > now
>> > and find out my machines can't handle it, I'm wont be able to reinstall
>> > Vista
>> > if I upgrade my machine. I know MS has really stepped it up in securing
>> > their
>> > products from piracy, will this bite me in the ass? If so, I guess I'll
>> > just
>> > sit on the disk until I can afford to rebuild my machine later this
>> > year.- Hide quoted text -

> No need to lie... Phone them in the middle of the night and you get a
> recorded message...

Bytesback

Re: Installing Vista then Majorily Upgrading my mother board?

pete;226945unless its an OEM version at which point you lie thru your teeth and
tell them the mobo needed replacing because it fried.
peter
[COLOR=blue Wrote:

[/color]

Been there, done that