Vista Update

Royalty13

Vista Update
Alright, I have a problem. I had Windows Vista Home Premium for my laptop. I
saw that I could update to Vista Ultimate Edition and have 14 days to
activate it so I decided to just try out Vista Ultimate Edition for the 14
days with no intention of buying it. I assumed that after the 14 days of
using Vista Ultimate Update, if I didnt activate it, it would revert back to
Vista Home Premium. That didnt happen. I never activated Ultimate Edition and
the 14 days ended. I am now accessing my computer with reduced functionality
and I dont know how to go back to Vista Home Premium. If someone could help
me out with this problem it'd be greatly appreciated
Brink

Re: Vista Update

Royalty13;647298 Wrote:
> Alright, I have a problem. I had Windows Vista Home Premium for my
> laptop. I
> saw that I could update to Vista Ultimate Edition and have 14 days to
> activate it so I decided to just try out Vista Ultimate Edition for the
> 14
> days with no intention of buying it. I assumed that after the 14 days
> of
> using Vista Ultimate Update, if I didnt activate it, it would revert
> back to
> Vista Home Premium. That didnt happen. I never activated Ultimate
> Edition and
> the 14 days ended. I am now accessing my computer with reduced
> functionality
> and I dont know how to go back to Vista Home Premium. If someone could
> help
> me out with this problem it'd be greatly appreciated

Hi Royalty13,

This will show you how to get out of Reduced Functionality Mode so you
will have up to 30 more days of trial to backup anything you do not want
to lose.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...lity-mode.html

Most likely, to go back to Home Premium, you will need to reinstall it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Update
Hi,

There is no uninstalling an upgrade. It was not meant to be a trial, it just
gave you 14 days to activate once installed. If you don't want to purchase
it, then you will have to reinstall Home Premium cleanly. The exception to
this is if the upgrade created a windows.old folder on the root of the
system drive, there is a process described here that will allow you to
restore the old installation from it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933168

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/