removing Internet Explorer 8 beta 1

irish14500

removing Internet Explorer 8 beta 1
I have installed the beta of IE 8 and wish to remove for several reasons. 1)
I cannot organize or remove links from the favorites tab. 2) the browser will
not navigate or open msn mail without clicking the "emulate ie7" tab. 3) it
runs slower than the previous 7 version. Any suggestions on removing the
buggy beta without doing a restore as I see it is not listed within the
'add/remove' portion of the control panel as it should be listed for a beta
product. If a system rollback is suggested, then I guess it will remain until
the RTM version of 8 is out and it will be something I will have to deal with.
--
"...I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny..."
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: removing Internet Explorer 8 beta 1
Did you click on "View installed updates" located in the
left pane of the Programs and Features window?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"irish14500" wrote:

I have installed the beta of IE 8 and wish to remove for several reasons. 1)
I cannot organize or remove links from the favorites tab. 2) the browser will
not navigate or open msn mail without clicking the "emulate ie7" tab. 3) it
runs slower than the previous 7 version. Any suggestions on removing the
buggy beta without doing a restore as I see it is not listed within the
'add/remove' portion of the control panel as it should be listed for a beta
product. If a system rollback is suggested, then I guess it will remain until
the RTM version of 8 is out and it will be something I will have to deal with.
--
"...I Can Neither Confirm Nor Deny..."
irish14500

Re: removing Internet Explorer 8 beta 1
Carey-

Thanks for the reply. After searching on web, I did do just that and
removed the update. Hopefully you guys are working on the 8 browser as I do
like several options on the beta 8 and hopefully a RTM will be included
within SP1 for Vista Ultimate for the 8 browser. My suggestion is to have it
appear within Add remove instead of the updates.

Along with the problems I have mentioned, it also "dots" clicked links
within a page and loads flash movies slowwww. Ha! Thanks and keep up the good
work-