Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial

SDBmania

Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
I purchased a digital update of Windows Vista Premium upgrade and the
download won't load. I am useing a trial version of Windows XP 64-bit.

I first used the digital locker a few times and it would stop at 99 percent
and give a validation error. I figured it the locker was having a problem so
i manual downloaded the three files through my internet browser. They
downloaded fine without problems, but when I tried to run the Vista setup I
ran into another error:

0x8007000D Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.

Anyone else have this problem? I was wondering if it was because I had the
trial version but a review of the software said that's how they upgraded it.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
A trial version of Windows XP does not qualify for
an upgrade license for Windows Vista. You would
need to purchase the "Full Version" of Vista.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"SDBmania" wrote:

I purchased a digital update of Windows Vista Premium upgrade and the
download won't load. I am useing a trial version of Windows XP 64-bit.

I first used the digital locker a few times and it would stop at 99 percent
and give a validation error. I figured it the locker was having a problem so
i manual downloaded the three files through my internet browser. They
downloaded fine without problems, but when I tried to run the Vista setup I
ran into another error:

0x8007000D Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.

Anyone else have this problem? I was wondering if it was because I had the
trial version but a review of the software said that's how they upgraded it.

SDBmania

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
Oh, I was afraid of that, so it looks like I'll have to get a refund. It's
too bad I can't upgrade it from my 32bit XP which I bought last year. Thanks
for the reply Carey.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> A trial version of Windows XP does not qualify for
> an upgrade license for Windows Vista. You would
> need to purchase the "Full Version" of Vista.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "SDBmania" wrote:
>
> I purchased a digital update of Windows Vista Premium upgrade and the
> download won't load. I am useing a trial version of Windows XP 64-bit.
>

> I first used the digital locker a few times and it would stop at 99 percent
> and give a validation error. I figured it the locker was having a problem so
> i manual downloaded the three files through my internet browser. They
> downloaded fine without problems, but when I tried to run the Vista setup I
> ran into another error:
>

> 0x8007000D Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.
>

> Anyone else have this problem? I was wondering if it was because I had the
> trial version but a review of the software said that's how they upgraded it.

John Barnes

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
You can use the upgrade version to go from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. It
requires a clean install but is valid

"SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh, I was afraid of that, so it looks like I'll have to get a refund.
> It's
> too bad I can't upgrade it from my 32bit XP which I bought last year.
> Thanks
> for the reply Carey.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> A trial version of Windows XP does not qualify for
>> an upgrade license for Windows Vista. You would
>> need to purchase the "Full Version" of Vista.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User

>> "SDBmania" wrote:
>>
>> I purchased a digital update of Windows Vista Premium upgrade and the
>> download won't load. I am useing a trial version of Windows XP 64-bit.
>>

>> I first used the digital locker a few times and it would stop at 99
>> percent
>> and give a validation error. I figured it the locker was having a
>> problem so
>> i manual downloaded the three files through my internet browser. They
>> downloaded fine without problems, but when I tried to run the Vista setup
>> ran into another error:
>>

>> 0x8007000D Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.
>>

>> Anyone else have this problem? I was wondering if it was because I had
>> the
>> trial version but a review of the software said that's how they upgraded
>> it.

SDBmania

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
Oh? Well, I couldn't activate the installer because I'd get an error every
time. It says that the software couldn't install a setup folder or something
like that. I think there might be something wrong with the download since
when I try to download it with the digital locker it stops at 99 percent and
says it couldn't validate the download. I've tried downloading it with the
locker a few times and it always says the same. I've also tried to download
it through internet explorer and it does the same thing.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> You can use the upgrade version to go from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit. It
> requires a clean install but is valid
>
> "SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh, I was afraid of that, so it looks like I'll have to get a refund.
> > It's
> > too bad I can't upgrade it from my 32bit XP which I bought last year.
> > Thanks
> > for the reply Carey.
> >
> > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> A trial version of Windows XP does not qualify for
> >> an upgrade license for Windows Vista. You would
> >> need to purchase the "Full Version" of Vista.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carey Frisch
> >> Microsoft MVP
> >> Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> "SDBmania" wrote:
> >>
> >> I purchased a digital update of Windows Vista Premium upgrade and the
> >> download won't load. I am useing a trial version of Windows XP 64-bit.
> >>

> >> I first used the digital locker a few times and it would stop at 99
> >> percent
> >> and give a validation error. I figured it the locker was having a
> >> problem so
> >> i manual downloaded the three files through my internet browser. They
> >> downloaded fine without problems, but when I tried to run the Vista setup
> >> ran into another error:
> >>

> >> 0x8007000D Windows was unable to create a required installation folder.
> >>

> >> Anyone else have this problem? I was wondering if it was because I had
> >> the
> >> trial version but a review of the software said that's how they upgraded
> >> it.

John Barnes

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
If you are having problems with the download, that has nothing to do with
whether you can use an upgrade version to go from XP86 to Vista64

> Oh? Well, I couldn't activate the installer because I'd get an error
> every
> time. It says that the software couldn't install a setup folder or
> something
> like that. I think there might be something wrong with the download since
> when I try to download it with the digital locker it stops at 99 percent
> and
> says it couldn't validate the download. I've tried downloading it with
> the
> locker a few times and it always says the same. I've also tried to
> download
> it through internet explorer and it does the same thing.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> You can use the upgrade version to go from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit.
>> It
>> requires a clean install but is valid
>>
>> "SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Oh, I was afraid of that, so it looks like I'll have to get a refund.
>> > It's
>> > too bad I can't upgrade it from my 32bit XP which I bought last year.
>> > Thanks
>> > for the reply Carey.

Mick Murphy

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
It does have somethibng to do with things when he only has a TRIAL version of
XP!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you are having problems with the download, that has nothing to do with
> whether you can use an upgrade version to go from XP86 to Vista64
>

> "SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh? Well, I couldn't activate the installer because I'd get an error
> > every
> > time. It says that the software couldn't install a setup folder or
> > something
> > like that. I think there might be something wrong with the download since
> > when I try to download it with the digital locker it stops at 99 percent
> > and
> > says it couldn't validate the download. I've tried downloading it with
> > the
> > locker a few times and it always says the same. I've also tried to
> > download
> > it through internet explorer and it does the same thing.
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> You can use the upgrade version to go from XP 32-bit to Vista 64-bit.
> >> It
> >> requires a clean install but is valid

John Barnes

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
So true.

> It does have somethibng to do with things when he only has a TRIAL version
> of
> XP!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> If you are having problems with the download, that has nothing to do with
>> whether you can use an upgrade version to go from XP86 to Vista64
>>

>> "SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Oh? Well, I couldn't activate the installer because I'd get an error
>> > every
>> > time. It says that the software couldn't install a setup folder or
>> > something
>> > like that. I think there might be something wrong with the download
>> > since
>> > when I try to download it with the digital locker it stops at 99
>> > percent
>> > and
>> > says it couldn't validate the download. I've tried downloading it with
>> > the
>> > locker a few times and it always says the same. I've also tried to
>> > download
>> > it through internet explorer and it does the same thing.

SDBmania

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
Im glad you said that Mick, cuz i went back to my purchased copy of XP 32bit
and Im trying to download it now. I know I cant upgrade it from that but if
I burn a copy on to a DVD I should be able to boot off it and run a clean
install right? Cuz, I think id need an iso file to do that.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> It does have somethibng to do with things when he only has a TRIAL version of
> XP!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > If you are having problems with the download, that has nothing to do with
> > whether you can use an upgrade version to go from XP86 to Vista64
> >

> > "SDBmania" <SDBmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Oh? Well, I couldn't activate the installer because I'd get an error
> > > every
> > > time. It says that the software couldn't install a setup folder or
> > > something
> > > like that. I think there might be something wrong with the download since
> > > when I try to download it with the digital locker it stops at 99 percent
> > > and
> > > says it couldn't validate the download. I've tried downloading it with
> > > the
> > > locker a few times and it always says the same. I've also tried to
> > > download
> > > it through internet explorer and it does the same thing.

SDBmania

Re: Upgrade Windows Vista 64bit from XP 64bit trial
And I meant that im trying to download vista again.