Easy Transfer Companion Error

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9sc29uNDY=?=

Easy Transfer Companion Error
Hi,

This program seemed to run fine on my XP PC, but when I tried to run it on
my Vista PC I get the follwoing error:

Windows diretories were found on multiple drives.
This computer appears to be set up for running multiple operating systems.
This is currently not a supported scenario.

I'm not sure how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
JW

Re: Easy Transfer Companion Error
If you do infact have multiple drives on you VistaPC then disconnect all but
the one haveing the Vista OS on it and try again.

"Jolson46" <Jolson46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This program seemed to run fine on my XP PC, but when I tried to run it on
> my Vista PC I get the follwoing error:
>
> Windows diretories were found on multiple drives.
> This computer appears to be set up for running multiple operating systems.
> This is currently not a supported scenario.
>
> I'm not sure how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9sc29uNDY=?=

Re: Easy Transfer Companion Error
After speaking with Dell, I was told that they automatically setup the drive
to have a restore partition. They said that I won't be able to recreate it
after it is removed. Not sure if I want to take that step. I'm hoping
Microsoft will fix that in the non-Beta version of this program.

Jen

=?Utf-8?B?Q2luZHkgSC4=?=

RE: Easy Transfer Companion Error
Jen,
We're having that same problem in our office. The XP (old) computer
downloaded Easy Transfer Companion somewhat easily and was rarin' to go, but
the Vista (obviously new) computer gave us the same message you received.
I'm reading these threads for help, too, and we're thinking we might try and
save the 'D' drive on disc, try again with 'Companion', and then try and
reload the 'D' drive again, if possible.
What a dilemma! I'm glad you wrote what Dell had said, and I wish there
were a way to simply disable the 'D' Restore partition and then enable it
again after we were done.
Cindy
=?Utf-8?B?RGViYmll?=

RE: Easy Transfer Companion Error
I'm having the same problem with my new Windows Vista (Dell Computer) I
spent 4 hours with tech support from both Dell and Microsoft. No deal. I
got the same message you did about the multiple directories. Seems to be a
"Dell" issue.

"Cindy H." wrote:

> Jen,
> We're having that same problem in our office. The XP (old) computer
> downloaded Easy Transfer Companion somewhat easily and was rarin' to go, but
> the Vista (obviously new) computer gave us the same message you received.
> I'm reading these threads for help, too, and we're thinking we might try and
> save the 'D' drive on disc, try again with 'Companion', and then try and
> reload the 'D' drive again, if possible.
> What a dilemma! I'm glad you wrote what Dell had said, and I wish there
> were a way to simply disable the 'D' Restore partition and then enable it
> again after we were done.
> Cindy

=?Utf-8?B?Q2luZHkgSC4=?=

RE: Easy Transfer Companion Error
So what we did was put everything from 'D' that we could, into recycling - to
restore later. (saving it on disc was too trying!) Then we were able to
transfer programs. Unfortunately, a LOT of the programs we have running,
such as QB 2007 did not work at all on Vista with that transfer.
Ultimately, my boss had had enough and packed 'er up and phoned Dell and off
it went.
They offered $400.00 for him to keep it, anyway, - don't quote me fer gosh
sakes, but he decided to wait until a year or so when the 'kinks' are
possibly ironed out. I've come to the conclusion it's a great operating
system if you have never owned a computer before or you don't care about
transferring anything! ├ť