Product Key already in use.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhZW1lIEdUUg==?=

Product Key already in use.
I am having trouble validating my windows vista. It is a genuine copy and I
have the certificate and everything else to prove it, I didnt no I had 1
month to activate my vista online, so when i got a message saying my
activation time had expired I tried then to activate it, trouble is it says
my product key is in use. So cant activate it.

I have installed the disc twice on this pc, had to reinstall because of an
error in the inital install, and at the start of the month i changed my
graphics card, and yesterday i defragged my HD. Could any of these affected
my product key validation ?

any ideas what I can do ? I payed alot for this Vista Home Premium and will
not be buying another.
pvdg42

Re: Product Key already in use.

"Graeme GTR" <Graeme GTR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble validating my windows vista. It is a genuine copy and I
> have the certificate and everything else to prove it, I didnt no I had 1
> month to activate my vista online, so when i got a message saying my
> activation time had expired I tried then to activate it, trouble is it
> says
> my product key is in use. So cant activate it.
>
> I have installed the disc twice on this pc, had to reinstall because of an
> error in the inital install, and at the start of the month i changed my
> graphics card, and yesterday i defragged my HD. Could any of these
> affected
> my product key validation ?
>
> any ideas what I can do ? I payed alot for this Vista Home Premium and
> will
> not be buying another.

Call the telephone activation number and explain your situation.
The people there will get you squares away.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhZW1lIEdUUg==?=

Re: Product Key already in use.
I already tried the validating over the phone with the automated service, I
entered all 9 of the 6 digit codes, then it told me my product had been
installed on more than one computer, then hung up on me =(

"pvdg42" wrote:

> "Graeme GTR" <Graeme GTR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having trouble validating my windows vista. It is a genuine copy and I
> > have the certificate and everything else to prove it, I didnt no I had 1
> > month to activate my vista online, so when i got a message saying my
> > activation time had expired I tried then to activate it, trouble is it
> > says
> > my product key is in use. So cant activate it.
> >
> > I have installed the disc twice on this pc, had to reinstall because of an
> > error in the inital install, and at the start of the month i changed my
> > graphics card, and yesterday i defragged my HD. Could any of these
> > affected
> > my product key validation ?
> >
> > any ideas what I can do ? I payed alot for this Vista Home Premium and
> > will
> > not be buying another.

> Call the telephone activation number and explain your situation.
> The people there will get you squares away.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=

Re: Product Key already in use.
The product key is 25 alpha numeric digits. It is on the back of the inner
container. 25 letters & numbers in groups of 5:
xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.

>I already tried the validating over the phone with the automated service, I
> entered all 9 of the 6 digit codes, then it told me my product had been
> installed on more than one computer, then hung up on me =(

Try again, this time avoiding the automation. You need to speak to a human
so that the situation can be explained.