SP1 for Vista won't install

Oriol Palau FernŠndez

SP1 for Vista won't install
Hi all,

Today I downloaded SP1 for Vista and I tryied to install. After a few
minutes it seems it's installing fine, returns me an error. It gave me an
error code (0x800B0100) and a link
(http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101139) that don't help me in any
case. I have been searching on the net and I couldn't find something
helpfuly.

Can anyone tell me what's happening, or how you resolved this problem if you
have had it, please?

Thanks in advance

.Joe

Re: SP1 for Vista won't install

Oriol Palau FernŠndez;646418 Wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today I downloaded SP1 for Vista and I tryied to install. After a few
> minutes it seems it's installing fine, returns me an error. It gave me
> an
> error code (0x800B0100) and a link
> ('Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
> \"Installation was not successful\" or \"An internal error occurred
> while installing the service pack\"'
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101139)) that don't help me in
> any
> case. I have been searching on the net and I couldn't find something
> helpfuly.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's happening, or how you resolved this problem
> if you
> have had it, please?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hello.

Apparently, others are experiencing the same error, without an easy
fix. There is a discussion about this error on a Microsoft forum where
someone is attempting to assist others with a fix. You may want to read
what others have done and are doing about this.

The link is here: 'Vista SP1 installation stalls at error 800B0100 -
TechNet Forums'
(http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/...&tf=0&pageid=0)

If anyone else has any updated information that can help, feel free to
add to this thread.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
brw

On Mar 14, 6:34 am, .Joe <Joe.369...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
> Oriol Palau FernŠndez;646418 Wrote:
>

> > Hi all,

> > Today I downloaded SP1 for Vista and I tryied to install. After a few
> > minutes it seems it's installing fine, returns me an error. It gave me
> > an
> > error code (0x800B0100) and a link
> > ('Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
> > \"Installation was not successful\" or \"An internal error occurred
> > while installing the service pack\"'
> > (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101139)) that don't help me in
> > any
> > case. I have been searching on the net and I couldn't find something
> > helpfuly.

> > Can anyone tell me what's happening, or how you resolved this problem
> > if you
> > have had it, please?

> > Thanks in advance

> Hello.
>
> Apparently, others are experiencing the same error, without an easy
> fix. There is a discussion about this error on a Microsoft forum where
> someone is attempting to assist others with a fix. You may want to read
> what others have done and are doing about this.
>
> The link is here: 'Vista SP1 installation stalls at error 800B0100 -
> TechNet Forums'
> (http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/...d=2582894&site....)
>
> If anyone else has any updated information that can help, feel free to
> add to this thread.
>
> --
> Joe
>
> _[image:http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_

I am in the same boat. I've got about 24 solid hours of
troubleshooting into this problem with no joy. I'll post again if I
solve it.
EP2008

RE: SP1 for Vista won't install

I had many problems installing SP1.

I ended up downloading the full 400MB+ file and installed it using "Run as
Administrator" for it to actually work.

"Oriol Palau Fern√°ndez" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today I downloaded SP1 for Vista and I tryied to install. After a few
> minutes it seems it's installing fine, returns me an error. It gave me an
> error code (0x800B0100) and a link
> (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=101139) that don't help me in any
> case. I have been searching on the net and I couldn't find something
> helpfuly.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's happening, or how you resolved this problem if you
> have had it, please?
>
> Thanks in advance

ASCII0027

"EP2008" wrote:

> I had many problems installing SP1.
>
> I ended up downloading the full 400MB+ file and installed it using "Run as
> Administrator" for it to actually work.

Yep...that fixed it for me as well. I had to do and explicit "Run as
Administrator" to the SP1 to install.