Strange install problem with Vista!

will_s

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!

"misterbear" <misterbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:261BDFD1-15BE-41D3-971D-61F6BC06958A@microsoft.com...
> Weird problem: I can start the install fine, let it run to expand files et
> al, and then it needs to reboot. Thats where the problem starts. My comp
> reboots all ok until I get the message "Press a key to boot from CD/DVD or
> something similar, and then it hangs. Forever!
> Anyone please got any ideas - it's driving me nuts!
> Thanks in advance

well do you press a key ? Because if you do DONT

you could try on reboot going straight into the bios first and remove the
CD/DVD as the first boot device

misterbear

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!
Do I press a key?? Duh, yes, I do. Thanks for oyur assistance.

"will_s" wrote:

> "misterbear" <misterbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Weird problem: I can start the install fine, let it run to expand files et
> > al, and then it needs to reboot. Thats where the problem starts. My comp
> > reboots all ok until I get the message "Press a key to boot from CD/DVD or
> > something similar, and then it hangs. Forever!
> > Anyone please got any ideas - it's driving me nuts!
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> well do you press a key ? Because if you do DONT
>

> you could try on reboot going straight into the bios first and remove the
> CD/DVD as the first boot device

misterbear

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!
Sorry, shouldn't be sarcastic. No of course I don't press a key, and I've
already tried changing the boot swquence.
Thanks

"misterbear" wrote:

> Do I press a key?? Duh, yes, I do. Thanks for oyur assistance.
>
> "will_s" wrote:
>

> > "misterbear" <misterbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Weird problem: I can start the install fine, let it run to expand files et
> > > al, and then it needs to reboot. Thats where the problem starts. My comp
> > > reboots all ok until I get the message "Press a key to boot from CD/DVD or
> > > something similar, and then it hangs. Forever!
> > > Anyone please got any ideas - it's driving me nuts!
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >

> > well do you press a key ? Because if you do DONT
> >

> > you could try on reboot going straight into the bios first and remove the
> > CD/DVD as the first boot device

John Barnes

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!
Try removing the disk before it reboots and you could try F8 to see if safe
mode will run

> Sorry, shouldn't be sarcastic. No of course I don't press a key, and I've
> already tried changing the boot swquence.
> Thanks
>
> "misterbear" wrote:
>
>> Do I press a key?? Duh, yes, I do. Thanks for oyur assistance.
>>
>> "will_s" wrote:
>>

>> > "misterbear" <misterbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > >

>> > well do you press a key ? Because if you do DONT
>> >

>> > you could try on reboot going straight into the bios first and remove
>> > the
>> > CD/DVD as the first boot device

bossmayank619

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!

try disabling the network adaptor and sound adaptor or device from the
BIOS and make USB emulation if you have the option set it to no
boot.then try to boot again.

if it helps you make sure to add to my reputation <<<<<<<

--
bossmayank619
John Barnes

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!
Make sure you have an Active Primary partition on the drive. You can run
diskpart from the command prompt on the install DVD. Use a space /? for a
list of commands

> Try removing the disk before it reboots and you could try F8 to see if
> safe mode will run
>
> "misterbear" <misterbear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, shouldn't be sarcastic. No of course I don't press a key, and I've
>> already tried changing the boot swquence.
>> Thanks
>>
>> "misterbear" wrote:
>>
>>> Do I press a key?? Duh, yes, I do. Thanks for oyur assistance.

misterbear

Re: Strange install problem with Vista!
Thanks for your help one and all. I'll find out later today if your advice
works for me.