Vista will not boot following clean install

Igor Novitzky Basso

Vista will not boot following clean install
I apologize if this issue has been dealt with already but I can’t seem to
find a solution. I have built a pc with AMDx2 4200, 2gb 800mhz ram, ECS
AMD690GM-M2 board, sata 80gb hdisk, and pioneer dual layer drive. I have no
add on cards and the motherboard is on failsafe settings. I have installed
vista home premium 32 bit and the installation proceeds normally, and after
the dialog boxes where the PC name is requested and the background, the
system reboots and then does not boot beyond ‘loading vista 2.1.2 – starting
ACPI ‘. I have re-installed vista and the same problem occurs. I am not able
to access a safe mode.

I wonder if there is a simple solution to this I am not aware of.

Thanks for your help.

GTS

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Do you have the latest BIOS?

--

"Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news90C5F96-16CD-4E48-AAD3-FB45870016EF@microsoft.com...
>I apologize if this issue has been dealt with already but I can't seem to
> find a solution. I have built a pc with AMDx2 4200, 2gb 800mhz ram, ECS
> AMD690GM-M2 board, sata 80gb hdisk, and pioneer dual layer drive. I have
> no
> add on cards and the motherboard is on failsafe settings. I have installed
> vista home premium 32 bit and the installation proceeds normally, and
> after
> the dialog boxes where the PC name is requested and the background, the
> system reboots and then does not boot beyond 'loading vista 2.1.2 -
> starting
> ACPI '. I have re-installed vista and the same problem occurs. I am not
> able
> to access a safe mode.
>
> I wonder if there is a simple solution to this I am not aware of.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Igor Novitzky Basso

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Hi

Well, I have just bought this board, and vista. So I have not had an
opportunity to get it running to update the bios. Also I don't have a floppy
drive. Is there a way I can get a safe mode up an running to try to update
the bios?

Thanks

Igor

"GTS" wrote:

> Do you have the latest BIOS?
>
> --
>
> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news90C5F96-16CD-4E48-AAD3-FB45870016EF@microsoft.com...
> >I apologize if this issue has been dealt with already but I can't seem to
> > find a solution. I have built a pc with AMDx2 4200, 2gb 800mhz ram, ECS
> > AMD690GM-M2 board, sata 80gb hdisk, and pioneer dual layer drive. I have
> > no
> > add on cards and the motherboard is on failsafe settings. I have installed
> > vista home premium 32 bit and the installation proceeds normally, and
> > after
> > the dialog boxes where the PC name is requested and the background, the
> > system reboots and then does not boot beyond 'loading vista 2.1.2 -
> > starting
> > ACPI '. I have re-installed vista and the same problem occurs. I am not
> > able
> > to access a safe mode.
> >
> > I wonder if there is a simple solution to this I am not aware of.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

John Barnes

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
You don't boot to get into the BIOS. Read your manual if you have a screen
that hides your POST process. Look at the bottom of the screen for a way to
get into the BIOS. Check your ACPI settings when you get in

"Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A67FFB93-B23F-4D13-9F00-7E4D15ABAA44@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> Well, I have just bought this board, and vista. So I have not had an
> opportunity to get it running to update the bios. Also I don't have a
> floppy
> drive. Is there a way I can get a safe mode up an running to try to update
> the bios?
>
> Thanks
>
> Igor
>
> "GTS" wrote:
>
>> Do you have the latest BIOS?
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news90C5F96-16CD-4E48-AAD3-FB45870016EF@microsoft.com...
>> >I apologize if this issue has been dealt with already but I can't seem
>> > find a solution. I have built a pc with AMDx2 4200, 2gb 800mhz ram, ECS
>> > AMD690GM-M2 board, sata 80gb hdisk, and pioneer dual layer drive. I
>> > have
>> > no
>> > add on cards and the motherboard is on failsafe settings. I have
>> > installed
>> > vista home premium 32 bit and the installation proceeds normally, and
>> > after
>> > the dialog boxes where the PC name is requested and the background, the
>> > system reboots and then does not boot beyond 'loading vista 2.1.2 -
>> > starting
>> > ACPI '. I have re-installed vista and the same problem occurs. I am not
>> > able
>> > to access a safe mode.
>> >
>> > I wonder if there is a simple solution to this I am not aware of.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.

Igor Novitzky Basso

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Hi,

I didn't make myself clear: I can't get the operating system up and running
so that I might update the BIOS. It CAN be done via a floppy but I don't have
a floppy drive.

Is this the only way?

Thanks

"John Barnes" wrote:

> You don't boot to get into the BIOS. Read your manual if you have a screen
> that hides your POST process. Look at the bottom of the screen for a way to
> get into the BIOS. Check your ACPI settings when you get in
>
> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A67FFB93-B23F-4D13-9F00-7E4D15ABAA44@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > Well, I have just bought this board, and vista. So I have not had an
> > opportunity to get it running to update the bios. Also I don't have a
> > floppy
> > drive. Is there a way I can get a safe mode up an running to try to update
> > the bios?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Igor
> >
> > "GTS" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have the latest BIOS?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> in
> >> message news90C5F96-16CD-4E48-AAD3-FB45870016EF@microsoft.com...

John Barnes

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
You do not need to install a new BIOS. All you want to do is enter the BIOS
to enter for BIOS settings.

"Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message newsC16242C-366F-4B34-9DF1-CB0142B1159F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I didn't make myself clear: I can't get the operating system up and
> running
> so that I might update the BIOS. It CAN be done via a floppy but I don't
> have
> a floppy drive.
>
> Is this the only way?
>
> Thanks
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> You don't boot to get into the BIOS. Read your manual if you have a
>> screen
>> that hides your POST process. Look at the bottom of the screen for a way
>> get into the BIOS. Check your ACPI settings when you get in
>>
>> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:A67FFB93-B23F-4D13-9F00-7E4D15ABAA44@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Well, I have just bought this board, and vista. So I have not had an
>> > opportunity to get it running to update the bios. Also I don't have a
>> > floppy
>> > drive. Is there a way I can get a safe mode up an running to try to
>> > update
>> > the bios?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Igor

John Barnes

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Read your manual for BIOS setup instructions or look at the bottom of the
POST or flash screen at startup. Usually there is an F key or hit Delete
key to enter setup message.

"Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message newsC16242C-366F-4B34-9DF1-CB0142B1159F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I didn't make myself clear: I can't get the operating system up and
> running
> so that I might update the BIOS. It CAN be done via a floppy but I don't
> have
> a floppy drive.
>
> Is this the only way?
>
> Thanks
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> You don't boot to get into the BIOS. Read your manual if you have a
>> screen
>> that hides your POST process. Look at the bottom of the screen for a way
>> get into the BIOS. Check your ACPI settings when you get in
>>
>> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:A67FFB93-B23F-4D13-9F00-7E4D15ABAA44@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Well, I have just bought this board, and vista. So I have not had an
>> > opportunity to get it running to update the bios. Also I don't have a
>> > floppy
>> > drive. Is there a way I can get a safe mode up an running to try to
>> > update
>> > the bios?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Igor

Igor Novitzky Basso

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Hi,

Yes, I manage around the BIOS settings ok.

I have put them in fail safe and optimized, with no change. I see you
suggest something about ACPI - I'll look into that.

Igor
"John Barnes" wrote:

> Read your manual for BIOS setup instructions or look at the bottom of the
> POST or flash screen at startup. Usually there is an F key or hit Delete
> key to enter setup message.
>
> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message newsC16242C-366F-4B34-9DF1-CB0142B1159F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't make myself clear: I can't get the operating system up and
> > running
> > so that I might update the BIOS. It CAN be done via a floppy but I don't
> > have
> > a floppy drive.
> >
> > Is this the only way?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> You don't boot to get into the BIOS. Read your manual if you have a
> >> screen
> >> that hides your POST process. Look at the bottom of the screen for a way
> >> get into the BIOS. Check your ACPI settings when you get in
> >>
> >> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> in
> >> message news:A67FFB93-B23F-4D13-9F00-7E4D15ABAA44@microsoft.com...

John Barnes

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
If the ACPI level of your BIOS is lower than required by Vista, you can down
load the new bios from another computer and then install it on yours. You
can check for instructions on what you need to use to install it where you
get your download. You will need a bootable product to run it and you may
be able to use either a bootable CD or floppy.

"Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8BA41DDE-5445-4F76-B7FD-75869731F147@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I manage around the BIOS settings ok.
>
> I have put them in fail safe and optimized, with no change. I see you
> suggest something about ACPI - I'll look into that.
>
> Igor
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Read your manual for BIOS setup instructions or look at the bottom of the
>> POST or flash screen at startup. Usually there is an F key or hit Delete
>> key to enter setup message.
>>
>> "Igor Novitzky Basso" <IgorNovitzkyBasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message newsC16242C-366F-4B34-9DF1-CB0142B1159F@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I didn't make myself clear: I can't get the operating system up and
>> > running
>> > so that I might update the BIOS. It CAN be done via a floppy but I
>> > don't
>> > have
>> > a floppy drive.
>> >
>> > Is this the only way?
>> >
>> > Thanks

GTS

Re: Vista will not boot following clean install
Not necessarily. There may be a Vista compatibility issue in the BIOS.