Cannot uninstall ActiveSync 4.5 on Vista Computer

e_len

Cannot uninstall ActiveSync 4.5 on Vista Computer
When I purchased a new computer, I migrated all of my files from an XP system
to Vista. Now each time I start the computer or plug in a USB device for
syncing, I get the error message "Cannot install ActiveSync on Windows
Vista". When I try to uninstall ActiveSync, I get the same message. Now it is
interfereing with my ability to syncronize with my new motorola smartphone.
Any ideas on how I can get this ghost out of my machine?

Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
Richard G. Harper

Re: Cannot uninstall ActiveSync 4.5 on Vista Computer
You need the Windows Mobile Device Center:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx

"e_len" <e_len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I purchased a new computer, I migrated all of my files from an XP
> system
> to Vista. Now each time I start the computer or plug in a USB device for
> syncing, I get the error message "Cannot install ActiveSync on Windows
> Vista". When I try to uninstall ActiveSync, I get the same message. Now it
> is
> interfereing with my ability to syncronize with my new motorola
> smartphone.
> Any ideas on how I can get this ghost out of my machine?
>
> Thanks
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

hadarby

Re: Cannot uninstall ActiveSync 4.5 on Vista Computer
I have the same problem.
I cant uninstall activesync.
When I use Windows Mobile Device Center, I do syncronize my Palm device, but
an active sync error message pops up all the time.
How do I get rid of this annoying problem?

Thanks,
Hadar.