Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP

Alain

Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
Just this message to say that we don't find qualified people at Microsoft in
Switzerland and in France Support to answer to the following question:

Which product is qualified to install Multi-language pack ?

We don't find any information saying there many kind of software of Vista
Ultimate release.

We just have the windows vista ultimate with sp1 included ....

And the problem that is the second product we bought and we can't return ...

Swiss support don't answer and is unpolite and do close the phone.
France support can't do commercial activities in Switzerland.

What going on ?
Alain

RE: Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
And the problem is that :

The Microsoft Web site says : we need to do update to install LIP

The Microsoft support Web site says : uninstall sp1 (hee hee...)

The phone support : pay first, (but we don't answer)

Peter

Re: Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
Try the Windows Vista Team Blog site:

http://windowsvistablog.com/

In particular this one:

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> And the problem is that :
>
> The Microsoft Web site says : we need to do update to install LIP
>
> The Microsoft support Web site says : uninstall sp1 (hee hee...)
>
> The phone support : pay first, (but we don't answer)

Alain

Re: Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
That's what I saw before I asked the MS support by phone, but no one knows that

they just try to sell more versions and more payed support.

The question is very strange cause MS already release the SP1 DVD, but in my
case the problem is : the MS support doesn't known their products.

And there is no solution to uninstall the SP1 for the moment, so I need a
new Media kit and that's a problem of MS.

Regards

--
MCSE + MCSA Messaging

"Peter" wrote:

> Try the Windows Vista Team Blog site:
>
> http://windowsvistablog.com/
>
> In particular this one:
>
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
> Triple Boot
>
> "Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > And the problem is that :
> >
> > The Microsoft Web site says : we need to do update to install LIP
> >
> > The Microsoft support Web site says : uninstall sp1 (hee hee...)
> >
> > The phone support : pay first, (but we don't answer)

Alain

Re: Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
Yes it's true

But there is no solution to uninstall SP1 on the MS ULtimate SP1 media.

the swiss calling support hang up, and they just try to sell me more version
to have the languagepack (they probably talk about XP). And many times they
give me the France calling support. In France they understand my problem, and
are opened to offer a solution, but they can't. And the swiss support just
f**k me up.

That's crasy to do not find a media kit by MS to correct this problem. Cause
I allready bought two Vista Release for the trash.

--
MS expert
High volume designer of MS image mastering

"Peter" wrote:

> Try the Windows Vista Team Blog site:
>
> http://windowsvistablog.com/
>
> In particular this one:
>
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2/Vista Ultimate SP1
> Triple Boot
>
> "Alain" <Alain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > And the problem is that :
> >
> > The Microsoft Web site says : we need to do update to install LIP
> >
> > The Microsoft support Web site says : uninstall sp1 (hee hee...)
> >
> > The phone support : pay first, (but we don't answer)

Peter

Re: Support Vista Ultimate SP1 for adding LIP
Alain, it is public knowledge that all beta service packs must be removed
befor the final RTM is installed. What is your problem? If you were
stupid enough to install a beta version of Vista SP1 then you are going to
have to format and reinstall Vista.
Using four letter swear words isn't going to help.