Vista Premium....

=?Utf-8?B?U29uag==?=

Vista Premium....
I have it installed and all seems to be gong well....but twice on a reboot it
will ask if I want vista or windows xp...does win xp now need to be
deleated???

OH...I am having trouble with my all in one scanner, copier, fax and printer
(brother) since the installation.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???
John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Premium....
was this an upgrade from XP to Vista or a clean install? What you are seeing
is a dual boot menu which gives you the option to boot either to xp or vista
(this is not available with an upgrade)

You don't say what 'trouble' you are having with your printer,scanner,etc.
Have you checked the Brother site to see if Vista drivers are available? If
the problem relates to any software supplied with the printer then the
software may not be compatible with Vista. I have an HP printer, scanner
and, while the machine works fine on Vista, the software is useless. HP are
not going to update the software. HP's answer? Buy another printer!

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Sonj" <Sonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have it installed and all seems to be gong well....but twice on a reboot
>it
> will ask if I want vista or windows xp...does win xp now need to be
> deleated???
>
> OH...I am having trouble with my all in one scanner, copier, fax and
> printer
> (brother) since the installation.
>
> ANY SUGGESTIONS???

=?Utf-8?B?U29uag==?=

Re: Vista Premium....
Yes it was an upgrade...do i need to have them both on there? My printer
works but the scanning feature does not.....i have figured out that it
requires a different driver but when i go to the Brother site....I download
something that gives me 50 different files in one folder. Still working on
it.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> was this an upgrade from XP to Vista or a clean install? What you are seeing
> is a dual boot menu which gives you the option to boot either to xp or vista
> (this is not available with an upgrade)
>
> You don't say what 'trouble' you are having with your printer,scanner,etc.
> Have you checked the Brother site to see if Vista drivers are available? If
> the problem relates to any software supplied with the printer then the
> software may not be compatible with Vista. I have an HP printer, scanner
> and, while the machine works fine on Vista, the software is useless. HP are
> not going to update the software. HP's answer? Buy another printer!
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>

> "Sonj" <Sonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have it installed and all seems to be gong well....but twice on a reboot
> >it
> > will ask if I want vista or windows xp...does win xp now need to be
> > deleated???
> >
> > OH...I am having trouble with my all in one scanner, copier, fax and
> > printer
> > (brother) since the installation.
> >
> > ANY SUGGESTIONS???

John Barnes

Re: Vista Premium....
What model Brother? The Vista drivers on mine are not up to par with the XP
drivers
If you no longer have XP on your system, download VistaBootPro
http://www.vistabootpro.org/ , install and use it to remove any entries you
no longer need from the BCD store.

"Sonj" <Sonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have it installed and all seems to be gong well....but twice on a reboot
>it
> will ask if I want vista or windows xp...does win xp now need to be
> deleated???
>
> OH...I am having trouble with my all in one scanner, copier, fax and
> printer
> (brother) since the installation.
>
> ANY SUGGESTIONS???

John Barnett MVP

Re: Vista Premium....
No you don't need both. If you upgraded you shouldn't even get the boot
menu. Take a look at John Barnes's post and follow his suggestion for
downloading VistaBootPro and then editing the boot menu.