How to detect for Vista SP1

suncowiam

How to detect for Vista SP1

Sorry, I did a search and got so much info. How do I tell if SP1 was
installed on a Vista machine?

Thanks

--
suncowiam
.Joe

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1

suncowiam;644835 Wrote:
> Sorry, I did a search and got so much info. How do I tell if SP1 was
> installed on a Vista machine?
>
> Thanks

1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Click System & Maintenance
4. Click System

If it's installed, Service Pack 1 will appear near the top, under
Windows edition.

I hope this is helpful.

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Bruce Chambers

suncowiam wrote:
> Sorry, I did a search and got so much info. How do I tell if SP1 was
> installed on a Vista machine?
>
> Thanks

Start > Run > Winver.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
suncowiam

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1

Thanks, that did help.

So, it does not show SP1 under the Windows Edition so I'm assuming I do
not have SP1 installed. I've installed all my updates and it shows that
no other udates are available. I have updates turned on so what am I
missing to install SP1?

Thanks

--
suncowiam
Brink

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1

Hi suncowiam,

Welcome to Vista x64 Forums. arty:

Your just missing about a week or so until the SP1 is released through
Windows Updates.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
DevilsPGD

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1
In message <suncowiam.366um3@no-mx.forums.net> suncowiam
<suncowiam.366um3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>So, it does not show SP1 under the Windows Edition so I'm assuming I do
>not have SP1 installed. I've installed all my updates and it shows that
>no other udates are available. I have updates turned on so what am I
>missing to install SP1?

What you're missing is the fact that SP1 hasn't been released yet...
suncowiam

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1

Oooh. That would explain it all. =)

Thanks

--
suncowiam
Boris

Re: How to detect for Vista SP1
On Mar 12, 6:08 pm, suncowiam <suncowiam.366...@no-mx.forums.net>
wrote:
> Sorry, I did a search and got so much info. How do I tell if SP1 was
> installed on a Vista machine?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> suncowiam

Right click My Computer desktop icon. Look at the General Tab.
Bruce Chambers

suncowiam wrote:
> Thanks, that did help.
>
> So, it does not show SP1 under the Windows Edition so I'm assuming I do
> not have SP1 installed. I've installed all my updates and it shows that
> no other udates are available. I have updates turned on so what am I
> missing to install SP1?
>
> Thanks

You're missing nothing, probably. Vista's Service Pack 1 hasn't been
released to the general public, yet. It was promised for mid-March, so
it should become available via Microsoft Update within the next few days.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

simonfoster is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A later problem...
OK folks, I'd like to re-raise this question.

It's May 14 so I'm assuming SP1 has now been released. Windows Update (which my PC runs by itself every night) showed it sitting on my 'available updates' list until yesterday...and now it's gone...but it doesn't show on the installed list...and Winver and System Properties make it look like it isn't installed either.

Any ideas where it went?

I'm thinking:
it was installed and then became 'invisible'
or
it has been withdrawn from the available updates list by Microsoft for some reason
or
if your PC doesn't get a chance to install it for x weeks, for some reason (lack of disk space?) then it gives up and doesn't even try any more

I'd appreciate any advice - thanks!

Simon Foster
Vista Noob