help asap

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhyb2Nrcw==?=

help asap
i just bought a new laptop on friday with vista pre-installed. i also got an
update disk with it

i installed my office and interent ect then when to log off then switch off

i couldnt back up my disk as it consrantly said my disk was empty and so
when i turn my computer back on it comes with a line for so long then goes
completely blank

i only got this thing few days ago and it shud be able to run vista if its
pre-installed i ran a system repair and it said was an error with a recent
upgrade or programme install whats going on HELP!
Richard Urban

Re: help asap
You got a new computer on Friday and it is not working on Sunday? Take it
back and get one that has Vista installed on it by the manufacturer.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"stephrocks" <stephrocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just bought a new laptop on friday with vista pre-installed. i also got
>an
> update disk with it
>
> i installed my office and interent ect then when to log off then switch
> off
>
> i couldnt back up my disk as it consrantly said my disk was empty and so
> when i turn my computer back on it comes with a line for so long then goes
> completely blank
>
> i only got this thing few days ago and it shud be able to run vista if its
> pre-installed i ran a system repair and it said was an error with a recent
> upgrade or programme install whats going on HELP!

John Barnes

Re: help asap
Sounds like you need to run your restore procedure (disk or hidden
partition). Appears whatever you did installing your ect is incompatible
with Vista.

"stephrocks" <stephrocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i just bought a new laptop on friday with vista pre-installed. i also got
>an
> update disk with it
>
> i installed my office and interent ect then when to log off then switch
> off
>
> i couldnt back up my disk as it consrantly said my disk was empty and so
> when i turn my computer back on it comes with a line for so long then goes
> completely blank
>
> i only got this thing few days ago and it shud be able to run vista if its
> pre-installed i ran a system repair and it said was an error with a recent
> upgrade or programme install whats going on HELP!

Adam Albright

Re: help asap
On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 05:33:13 -0700, stephrocks
<stephrocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i just bought a new laptop on friday with vista pre-installed.

I haven't bought a pre-built box in over a decade, I much prefer to
build my own. Generally, at least way back then, my last "name" box
was a Dell. The term pre-installed DOES NOT always mean setup and
ready to go. Read the manual. You probably still have to go through
several set up steps before Vista is up and running properly.

There's a off chance what you got was not properly configured. I got a
Dell like that once. It had Windows 95 (I think)but it wasn't setup,
in fact the dummy that worked on it only included some of the cab
files so I couldn't install it.