What are my options?

smogzy

What are my options?
I have a retail version of Vista Home Premium Upgrade which I used to upgrade
XP home edition OEM around 6 months ago. Tomorrow I`m upgrading my Processor
and Motherboard and would like to do a fresh install of Vista if I can.

The problem is I have lost my XP serial key (was stuck to the case as a
sticker and was peeled off and chewed up by my 2 year some months ago).

What options do I have to do a fresh install? Am i better off reinstalling
Vista over the top of my old version? I would though really like to do a
Format C: though and get a nice fresh install for my nice new system.

Thanks in advance.

Brink

Re: What are my options?

smogzy;644533 Wrote:
> I have a retail version of Vista Home Premium Upgrade which I used to
> upgrade
> XP home edition OEM around 6 months ago. Tomorrow I`m upgrading my
> Processor
> and Motherboard and would like to do a fresh install of Vista if I can.
>
> The problem is I have lost my XP serial key (was stuck to the case as a
> sticker and was peeled off and chewed up by my 2 year some months ago).
>
> What options do I have to do a fresh install? Am i better off
> reinstalling
> Vista over the top of my old version? I would though really like to do
> Format C: though and get a nice fresh install for my nice new system.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Smogzy,

This will show you how to do a clean install with a Upgrade version of
Vista without having to mess with XP.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...ade-vista.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Dwarf

RE: What are my options?
Hi smogzy,

If you follow the instructions in my post 'Clean Install Windows Vista Using
Upgrade Media', also in this newsgroup (dated 9/21/2007), you should be able
to solve your problem. If necessary, you can print these out so that you can
refer to them.
Dwarf

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-5eb74dcf2be7

"smogzy" wrote:

> I have a retail version of Vista Home Premium Upgrade which I used to upgrade
> XP home edition OEM around 6 months ago. Tomorrow I`m upgrading my Processor
> and Motherboard and would like to do a fresh install of Vista if I can.
>
> The problem is I have lost my XP serial key (was stuck to the case as a
> sticker and was peeled off and chewed up by my 2 year some months ago).
>
> What options do I have to do a fresh install? Am i better off reinstalling
> Vista over the top of my old version? I would though really like to do a
> Format C: though and get a nice fresh install for my nice new system.
>
> Thanks in advance.

smogzy

RE: What are my options?
Thanks guys just the information I needed. Didn`t know you could do that!

"smogzy" wrote:

> I have a retail version of Vista Home Premium Upgrade which I used to upgrade
> XP home edition OEM around 6 months ago. Tomorrow I`m upgrading my Processor
> and Motherboard and would like to do a fresh install of Vista if I can.
>
> The problem is I have lost my XP serial key (was stuck to the case as a
> sticker and was peeled off and chewed up by my 2 year some months ago).
>
> What options do I have to do a fresh install? Am i better off reinstalling
> Vista over the top of my old version? I would though really like to do a
> Format C: though and get a nice fresh install for my nice new system.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Brink

Re: What are my options?

smogzy;644706 Wrote:
> Thanks guys just the information I needed. Didn`t know you could do
> that!
>
> "smogzy" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I have a retail version of Vista Home Premium Upgrade which I used to

> > upgrade
> > > XP home edition OEM around 6 months ago. Tomorrow I`m upgrading my

> > Processor
> > > and Motherboard and would like to do a fresh install of Vista if I

> > can.
> > >
> > > The problem is I have lost my XP serial key (was stuck to the case as

> > > sticker and was peeled off and chewed up by my 2 year some months

> > ago).
> > >
> > > What options do I have to do a fresh install? Am i better off

> > reinstalling
> > > Vista over the top of my old version? I would though really like to

> > do a
> > > Format C: though and get a nice fresh install for my nice new system.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

Your welcome Smogzy.