Installation and upgrading failed

Albatrosi

Installation and upgrading failed
I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
(fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
want to install the original version of Vista.

Thank you,Albatrosi.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
from anyway?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Albatrosi" wrote:

[...]

no no,I have a genuine vista ultimate, I verify that in Microsoft,and they
said to me Thank You for using a genuine copy of Microsoft.I buy it on the
internet but i didn't make that a bootable CD.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
> installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
> from anyway?
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Albatrosi" wrote:
>
> I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> want to install the original version of Vista.
>
> Thank you,Albatrosi.

Albatrosi

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
and sorry i forgot.When I contrast my genuine vista with the pirated vista
that i bought in my city,contains the same bootable files,but i don't know
what is going on with my genuine vista,why it don't boot from cd.
Please help me because i don't want to stay with this pirated vista,the most
of programs are not working correctly,i wanna have my best genuine vista.I
hate all peoples of my city that sells all vista cd-s false.Thanx!

"Albatrosi" wrote:

> no no,I have a genuine vista ultimate, I verify that in Microsoft,and they
> said to me Thank You for using a genuine copy of Microsoft.I buy it on the
> internet but i didn't make that a bootable CD.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
> > installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
> > from anyway?
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "Albatrosi" wrote:
> >
> > I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> > tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> > installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> > time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> > was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> > Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> > Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> > one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> > (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> > time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> > Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> > Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> > step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> > or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> > installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> > some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> > the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> > install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> > and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> > now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> > all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> > want to install the original version of Vista.
> >
> > Thank you,Albatrosi.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
Windows Vista is only available on a DVD and not a CD.
The Windows Vista DVD is bootable as long as you set
your DVD drive as the first boot device in the motherboard BIOS.

How to install Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918884/en-us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
> installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
> from anyway?
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Albatrosi" wrote:
>
> I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> want to install the original version of Vista.
>
> Thank you,Albatrosi.

Mick Murphy

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
It is NOT bootable if you DON'T burn an ISO image to disk!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Vista is only available on a DVD and not a CD.
> The Windows Vista DVD is bootable as long as you set
> your DVD drive as the first boot device in the motherboard BIOS.
>
> How to install Windows Vista

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Albatrosi" wrote:
>
> no no,I have a genuine vista ultimate, I verify that in Microsoft,and they
> said to me Thank You for using a genuine copy of Microsoft.I buy it on the
> internet but i didn't make that a bootable CD.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
> > installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
> > from anyway?
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "Albatrosi" wrote:
> >
> > I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> > tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> > installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> > time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> > was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> > Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> > Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> > one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> > (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> > time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> > Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> > Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> > step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> > or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> > installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> > some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> > the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> > install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> > and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> > now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> > all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> > want to install the original version of Vista.
> >
> > Thank you,Albatrosi.

Mick Murphy

RE: Installation and upgrading failed
Do you have a Product Key for that Ultimate?
If you do, do a reinstall of Basic, putting the Ultimate Key in it.
Each vista disk contains all versions of Vista,except different bit
versions!(32bit-64bit)
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Albatrosi" wrote:

> I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> want to install the original version of Vista.
>
> Thank you,Albatrosi.

Albatrosi

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
Yes i know,and i burned it in a DVD,and I set my DVD to the first drive and
when i try others cd works but this no.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Vista is only available on a DVD and not a CD.
> The Windows Vista DVD is bootable as long as you set
> your DVD drive as the first boot device in the motherboard BIOS.
>
> How to install Windows Vista

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Albatrosi" wrote:
>
> no no,I have a genuine vista ultimate, I verify that in Microsoft,and they
> said to me Thank You for using a genuine copy of Microsoft.I buy it on the
> internet but i didn't make that a bootable CD.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like you are not using a genuine Windows Vista
> > installation CD. Where did you download Windows Vista
> > from anyway?
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "Albatrosi" wrote:
> >
> > I have downloaded Windows Vista Ultimate,and I burned to a CD but I forgott
> > tu make it bootable,so I installed it like a software ,and it works fine.I
> > installed it several times since I downloaded it and always go OK,but last
> > time my windows was damaged,and I was unable to go in,so the only solution
> > was to format my computer.I was not unable to install my Windows Vista
> > Ultimate that I had downloaded because it was not bootable,so I bought e new
> > Vista but with version Home Basic.I installed this windows,but after two days
> > one update come in my computer and told me that my windows is pirated
> > (fallse).When I readed this,I wanted to install my Vista Ultimate like every
> > time,but didn't work,I tried 4 times and still not worked,it showed me that
> > Windows was not successfully installed,and it turned me back to Vista Home
> > Basic.Now I tried to upgrade to my Vista Ultimate,all steps go OK,but to the
> > step "Completing Upgrade"one error appeared "Windows could not configure one
> > or more features.Please restart your computer and then restart the
> > installation".I have go to Microsoft Support,and I readed that I must disable
> > some features,I have do that and when I tried to upgrade again,it stoped to
> > the step "Expanding Files-21%" and showed me this error"Windows cannot
> > install required files.Make sure all files for the installation are available
> > and restart the installation.Error code:0x800706F8".I don't know what to do
> > now when before I have disable some features,didn't shows me this error and
> > all things go fine until step"Completing Upgrade".Please help me because I
> > want to install the original version of Vista.
> >
> > Thank you,Albatrosi.

Albatrosi

Re: Installation and upgrading failed
I have downloaded Vista like ISO file and I have extract it with PowerISO and
then it shows me all files of windows like a normally cd and i burned it to a
cd.
How do you say?: To burn in a DVD only like .iso file without extract?