ease of use

DeathDog

ease of use
The navigation of your site, well for lack of a better word 'sucks' it
constantly asks me toi sign-in even though I have clicked 'remember name and
password' on click on buttons 3,4,5 times and nothing happensI have been
trying to post a questions for 5 minutes and it won't do anything. My Vista
is all screwed up, and there is nobody to help.. I expected more out of
Microsoft I guess.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup
Rick Rogers

Re: ease of use
Hi,

Navigation of the web interface to the support groups is indeed difficult.
Many prefer to use a newsreader instead. I wrote a brief setup page on this
here: http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

As to usernames/passwords not being remembered, I would suspect the actions
of an internet security suite like those provided by Norton/Symantec and
McAfee. Many choose to remove them in favor of less intrusive antivirus
solutions.

To help you with your screwed up Vista, you would need to provide some
details on what precisely is wrong.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"DeathDog" <DeathDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The navigation of your site, well for lack of a better word 'sucks' it
> constantly asks me toi sign-in even though I have clicked 'remember name
> and
> password' on click on buttons 3,4,5 times and nothing happensI have been
> trying to post a questions for 5 minutes and it won't do anything. My
> Vista
> is all screwed up, and there is nobody to help.. I expected more out of
> Microsoft I guess.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Mick Murphy

Re: ease of use
The problem with the web interface not remembering passowords persists, even
with Avast.
Even with anti-virus disabled, this site won't remember passwords.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Navigation of the web interface to the support groups is indeed difficult.
> Many prefer to use a newsreader instead. I wrote a brief setup page on this
> here: http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
>
> As to usernames/passwords not being remembered, I would suspect the actions
> of an internet security suite like those provided by Norton/Symantec and
> McAfee. Many choose to remove them in favor of less intrusive antivirus
> solutions.
>
> To help you with your screwed up Vista, you would need to provide some
> details on what precisely is wrong.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "DeathDog" <DeathDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The navigation of your site, well for lack of a better word 'sucks' it
> > constantly asks me toi sign-in even though I have clicked 'remember name
> > and
> > password' on click on buttons 3,4,5 times and nothing happensI have been
> > trying to post a questions for 5 minutes and it won't do anything. My
> > Vista
> > is all screwed up, and there is nobody to help.. I expected more out of
> > Microsoft I guess.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Rick Rogers

Re: ease of use
Thanks for the input - one more reason not to use the web interface as far
as I'm concerned.

--

> The problem with the web interface not remembering passowords persists,
> even
> with Avast.
> Even with anti-virus disabled, this site won't remember passwords.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Navigation of the web interface to the support groups is indeed
>> difficult.
>> Many prefer to use a newsreader instead. I wrote a brief setup page on
>> this
>> here: http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
>>
>> As to usernames/passwords not being remembered, I would suspect the
>> actions
>> of an internet security suite like those provided by Norton/Symantec and
>> McAfee. Many choose to remove them in favor of less intrusive antivirus
>> solutions.
>>
>> To help you with your screwed up Vista, you would need to provide some
>> details on what precisely is wrong.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "DeathDog" <DeathDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The navigation of your site, well for lack of a better word 'sucks' it
>> > constantly asks me toi sign-in even though I have clicked 'remember
>> > name
>> > and
>> > password' on click on buttons 3,4,5 times and nothing happensI have
>> > been
>> > trying to post a questions for 5 minutes and it won't do anything. My
>> > Vista
>> > is all screwed up, and there is nobody to help.. I expected more out of
>> > Microsoft I guess.
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...allation_setup

Mick Murphy

Re: ease of use
Thanks for the reply.
Except for that inconvienence, I don't mind it, Rick.
I don't request answers for anything; so, this is OK for me.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Thanks for the input - one more reason not to use the web interface as far
> as I'm concerned.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The problem with the web interface not remembering passowords persists,
> > even
> > with Avast.
> > Even with anti-virus disabled, this site won't remember passwords.
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
> >

> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Navigation of the web interface to the support groups is indeed
> >> difficult.
> >> Many prefer to use a newsreader instead. I wrote a brief setup page on
> >> this
> >> here: http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
> >>
> >> As to usernames/passwords not being remembered, I would suspect the
> >> actions
> >> of an internet security suite like those provided by Norton/Symantec and
> >> McAfee. Many choose to remove them in favor of less intrusive antivirus
> >> solutions.
> >>
> >> To help you with your screwed up Vista, you would need to provide some
> >> details on what precisely is wrong.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Jim

Re: ease of use
Thanks guys, I got Windows Mail up and running, WAY better..