WINPE Language packs

Jeremy Pack

WINPE Language packs
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the WAIK to add a language pack to
WINPE (and are failing with an error). I believe this is becuase I'm using
the language pack for the operating system not Windows PE so a couple of
questions:

1. Is there a specific Language Pack for WindowsPE (2.0)?
2. Where does one get these WINPE specific lanaguage packs from?

:J
(I know in the past that WINPE has been only for ISV and HSV but now that
WinPE is in the WAIK for everybody to down load the rules appear to have
changed)
AJR

Re: WINPE Language packs
The error is....?

"Jeremy Pack" <JeremyPack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to follow the instructions in the WAIK to add a language pack
> WINPE (and are failing with an error). I believe this is becuase I'm using
> the language pack for the operating system not Windows PE so a couple of
> questions:
>
> 1. Is there a specific Language Pack for WindowsPE (2.0)?
> 2. Where does one get these WINPE specific lanaguage packs from?
>
> :J
> (I know in the past that WINPE has been only for ISV and HSV but now that
> WinPE is in the WAIK for everybody to down load the rules appear to have
> changed)

Jeremy Pack

Re: WINPE Language packs
The error is:
PEIMG failed to complete the operation with status code 0x80070002.

But with help over night I have determined:
> > 1. Is there a specific Language Pack for WindowsPE (2.0)?
> > 2. Where does one get these WINPE specific lanaguage packs from?

yes there are specific language packs for WINPE. The wave 0 languages can be
found on the WAIK media under WINPE_LANGPACKS
Current there is FR,DE,JA,ES,EN

My experience is that
peimg /install=ja-jp <path to image>
does not work so well but if you specifiy the individual components:
peimg /install=ja-jp\lp.cab <path to image>
it works

FWIW

:J

Brad

RE: WINPE Language packs

Did you get this working, I'm having a simular problem.

I can sussfully import the language pack, but when I run:
peimg /list d:\mount\windows
the language pack does not show up in the list.

The following steps from the PE.chm dont work for me:
1) peimg /import=ja-jp\lp.cab d:\mount\windows
2) Peimg /list d:\mount\windows (Does not show new lang pack)
3) Peimg /install=Ja-Jp (does not work it doesnt exist, only Ja-Jp fonts
package exist)

Any ideas?

thanks

--
Snazzzz

"Jeremy Pack" wrote:

> I'm trying to follow the instructions in the WAIK to add a language pack to
> WINPE (and are failing with an error). I believe this is becuase I'm using
> the language pack for the operating system not Windows PE so a couple of
> questions:
>
> 1. Is there a specific Language Pack for WindowsPE (2.0)?
> 2. Where does one get these WINPE specific lanaguage packs from?
>
> :J
> (I know in the past that WINPE has been only for ISV and HSV but now that
> WinPE is in the WAIK for everybody to down load the rules appear to have
> changed)

sirk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

Go to the path where the cab file is storage and then launch the command line

in example:

cd [path of the cab file]
peimg /install=*JP-JP* d:\mount\windows