Boot Screen

Deb

Boot Screen
When I powerup my PC It automatically goes to the boot screen. I have to
press F1 to get to get past it and to the password screen. I had to reformat
my hard drive last month and its been doing that since then. Any ideas?
--
Deb
Brink

Re: Boot Screen

Deb;641536 Wrote:
> When I powerup my PC It automatically goes to the boot screen. I have to
> press F1 to get to get past it and to the password screen. I had to
> reformat
> my hard drive last month and its been doing that since then. Any ideas?
> --
> Deb

I'm sorry Deb, but exactly which boot screen does it go to for you at
startup? (EX: BIOS, Advanced Boot Options, Select OS, etc....)

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Jack

Re: Boot Screen
enter the setup and exit with saving options.
Jack

"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I powerup my PC It automatically goes to the boot screen. I have to
> press F1 to get to get past it and to the password screen. I had to
> reformat
> my hard drive last month and its been doing that since then. Any ideas?
> --
> Deb

Deb

Re: Boot Screen
Brink,
the screen that I get is:
1.0.3
Main processor: AMD athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
Memory Testing: 3079168k 0k + 64m shared
SATA 0 ST3250820AS 3ADG
SATA 1 ST3250820AS 3ADG
SATA2 TSSTCORP DVD
SATA3 NONE

DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE

STRIKE F1 TO RETRY BOOT, F2 FOR SETUP UTILITY.

Brink, I have tried to go into the setup utility, but have not changed
anything because unsure what to change if anything. Thanks for your time
Deb

Deb

"Brink" wrote:

> Deb;641536 Wrote:
> > When I powerup my PC It automatically goes to the boot screen. I have to
> > press F1 to get to get past it and to the password screen. I had to
> > reformat
> > my hard drive last month and its been doing that since then. Any ideas?
> > --
> > Deb

> I'm sorry Deb, but exactly which boot screen does it go to for you at
> startup? (EX: BIOS, Advanced Boot Options, Select OS, etc....)
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

Bob F.

Re: Boot Screen
> Brink,
> the screen that I get is:
> 1.0.3
> Main processor: AMD athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
> Memory Testing: 3079168k 0k + 64m shared
> SATA 0 ST3250820AS 3ADG
> SATA 1 ST3250820AS 3ADG
> SATA2 TSSTCORP DVD
> SATA3 NONE
>

> DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE
>
> STRIKE F1 TO RETRY BOOT, F2 FOR SETUP UTILITY.
>
> Brink, I have tried to go into the setup utility, but have not changed
> anything because unsure what to change if anything. Thanks for your time
> Deb
>
> Deb
>

> "Brink" wrote:
>

>> Deb;641536 Wrote:
>> > When I powerup my PC It automatically goes to the boot screen. I have
>> > press F1 to get to get past it and to the password screen. I had to
>> > reformat
>> > my hard drive last month and its been doing that since then. Any ideas?
>> > --
>> > Deb

>> I'm sorry Deb, but exactly which boot screen does it go to for you at
>> startup? (EX: BIOS, Advanced Boot Options, Select OS, etc....)
>>
>> Shawn
>>

>> --
>> Brink
>>
>> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
>> '*Vista x64 Forums*'
>> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
>> *Please post feedback to help others.*

Looks like you have a bad floppy drive. I'd remove it (just pull all the
plugs in the read of the drive for now). You should then get into BIOS (F2
before start) and change the boot sequence to get around the floppy.

--
BobF.

Brink

Re: Boot Screen

Deb;641870 Wrote:
> Brink,
> the screen that I get is:
> 1.0.3
> Main processor: AMD athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
> Memory Testing: 3079168k 0k + 64m shared
> SATA 0 ST3250820AS 3ADG
> SATA 1 ST3250820AS 3ADG
> SATA2 TSSTCORP DVD
> SATA3 NONE
>

> DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE
>
> STRIKE F1 TO RETRY BOOT, F2 FOR SETUP UTILITY.
>
> Brink, I have tried to go into the setup utility, but have not changed
> anything because unsure what to change if anything. Thanks for your
> time
> Deb
>
> Deb
>

> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Deb;641536 Wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm sorry Deb, but exactly which boot screen does it go to for you at
> > > startup? (EX: BIOS, Advanced Boot Options, Select OS, etc....)
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista x64 Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Oh ok Deb. This is you preboot screen where it is running a system and
memory check before boot. The error indicates that the BIOS is set to
look for a bad or nonexistant disk drive. My guess a bad floppy drive.
Go into the F2 BIOS setup options and look in the Boot management area.
It may be called something else in your BIOS. Disable the search and/or
boot order listing for the floppy drive option to stop it from looking
for the drive. You can also enable a "Quick boot" option to not see this
preboot screen anymore.

You will just need to carefully look through each menu in the BIOS
until you see these options above. Be careful to not change anything by
mistake. There is a option to restore the default BIOS settings if you
do set something wrong by mistake.

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Deb

Re: Boot Screen
thank you I will try that. Thank you for your time
--
Deb