Vista Error when booting up, please help!

Jason C

Vista Error when booting up, please help!
Hi guys =D,

Well, on my borthers computer today he try to start up windows vista on his,
but for some reason, when he logged in, it says the Windows Vista Home Basic
Version was Not Genuien. But we bought it from Future Shop in Canada (right
now we are in Malaysia). We have bought the computer over 8-9 months now, we
try re-entering the Product Key(on the sticker under the notebook) but it
said it was an invalid product key, so we use the phone option, and it says
our Windows Vista Version had been install in another computer, and we didnt
install it any other computer(im using a Windows XP) So, now it kept on
telling us to Buy a product key off microsoft. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance =D
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Error when booting up, please help!
Use the phone option; but hold on until a real person speaks to you.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Jason C" wrote:

> Hi guys =D,
>
> Well, on my borthers computer today he try to start up windows vista on his,
> but for some reason, when he logged in, it says the Windows Vista Home Basic
> Version was Not Genuien. But we bought it from Future Shop in Canada (right
> now we are in Malaysia). We have bought the computer over 8-9 months now, we
> try re-entering the Product Key(on the sticker under the notebook) but it
> said it was an invalid product key, so we use the phone option, and it says
> our Windows Vista Version had been install in another computer, and we didnt
> install it any other computer(im using a Windows XP) So, now it kept on
> telling us to Buy a product key off microsoft. Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Thanks in advance =D

Jason C

RE: Vista Error when booting up, please help!
alright ill give that a try, thanks =D. If anyony might have another
solution, please post. Thanks =D

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Use the phone option; but hold on until a real person speaks to you.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Jason C" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys =D,
> >
> > Well, on my borthers computer today he try to start up windows vista on his,
> > but for some reason, when he logged in, it says the Windows Vista Home Basic
> > Version was Not Genuien. But we bought it from Future Shop in Canada (right
> > now we are in Malaysia). We have bought the computer over 8-9 months now, we
> > try re-entering the Product Key(on the sticker under the notebook) but it
> > said it was an invalid product key, so we use the phone option, and it says
> > our Windows Vista Version had been install in another computer, and we didnt
> > install it any other computer(im using a Windows XP) So, now it kept on
> > telling us to Buy a product key off microsoft. Any idea why this is happening?
> >
> > Thanks in advance =D

John Barnes

Re: Vista Error when booting up, please help!
Try going here http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/