Vista Re-install

shadow13

Vista Re-install
I had to reinstall Vista due to malware that I could not get off my computer.
I could not do a repair, and now Vista is new on my system.

The problem is that I now cannot activate it, and I get a notice that says
that I need to enter a new number. I do not think that I need to, but I don't
know how to reactivate. I called Microsoft, but the person (honestly) hung up
on me.

Not sure what to do -
Thanks
kenameye

RE: Vista Re-install
I also had to reinstall Vista and am being asked to activate. My product key
is not being accepted. Tried calling but could bare hear much less understand
the helper. Please provide the phone number or suggest alternative. Many
thanks.

"shadow13" wrote:

> I had to reinstall Vista due to malware that I could not get off my computer.
> I could not do a repair, and now Vista is new on my system.
>
> The problem is that I now cannot activate it, and I get a notice that says
> that I need to enter a new number. I do not think that I need to, but I don't
> know how to reactivate. I called Microsoft, but the person (honestly) hung up
> on me.
>
> Not sure what to do -
> Thanks

Jack

Re: Vista Re-install
Why did you not ask BEFORE removing Vista?
Having a malware is not excuse!
If it was up to me I would banned you from owing Vista forever!.
Jack

"shadow13" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall Vista due to malware that I could not get off my
>computer.
> I could not do a repair, and now Vista is new on my system.
>
> The problem is that I now cannot activate it, and I get a notice that says
> that I need to enter a new number. I do not think that I need to, but I
> don't
> know how to reactivate. I called Microsoft, but the person (honestly) hung
> up
> on me.
>
> Not sure what to do -
> Thanks

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Re-install
If I had my way, I'd have you banned from coming here, smarta*s!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Jack" wrote:

> Why did you not ask BEFORE removing Vista?
> Having a malware is not excuse!
> If it was up to me I would banned you from owing Vista forever!.
> Jack
>
> "shadow13" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall Vista due to malware that I could not get off my
> >computer.
> > I could not do a repair, and now Vista is new on my system.
> >
> > The problem is that I now cannot activate it, and I get a notice that says
> > that I need to enter a new number. I do not think that I need to, but I
> > don't
> > know how to reactivate. I called Microsoft, but the person (honestly) hung
> > up
> > on me.
> >
> > Not sure what to do -
> > Thanks

Mick Murphy

Re: Vista Re-install
DO the activation! Select the phone option, and hold on until a real person
speaks to you!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Jack" wrote:

> Why did you not ask BEFORE removing Vista?
> Having a malware is not excuse!
> If it was up to me I would banned you from owing Vista forever!.
> Jack
>
> "shadow13" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall Vista due to malware that I could not get off my
> >computer.
> > I could not do a repair, and now Vista is new on my system.
> >
> > The problem is that I now cannot activate it, and I get a notice that says
> > that I need to enter a new number. I do not think that I need to, but I
> > don't
> > know how to reactivate. I called Microsoft, but the person (honestly) hung
> > up
> > on me.
> >
> > Not sure what to do -
> > Thanks

Dwarf

RE: Vista Re-install
Hi shadow13,

When you install a retail copy of Windows Vista, Windows Vista normally
waits three days before automatically activating the product. It is
recommended that you clear the 'Automatically Activate Windows When I’m
Online' box when entering your product key. This option gives you a full 30
days to verify that Windows Vista works properly on your hardware and that
you won’t be required to
replace any hardware or the entire computer. After you’re confident that
Windows Vista is completely compatible with your hardware, you can open the
System dialog box and choose the manual activation option. If the Internet
method fails, simply select 'Show me other ways to activate'. On the next
page, select the required phone number from the drop down list. This number
is toll-free, and doesn't cost you anything. Follow the instructions given
and enter the installation ID using your phone keypad. If the automated
system is able to give you an activation key, it will be read out to you.
This consists of the numbers 0-9 and letters A-F.
They will be read out in blocks, and you enter them in the appropriate block
(A-H) at the bottom of the screen using your computer keyboard. If, however,
this also fails then stay on the line and wait for an operator who will be
able to assist you. There should be no problem with this. Explain the
situation and they should be able to give you an activation code. Follow
their instructions.
Dwarf