weird access

DeathDog

weird access
I can't get access to certain folders, everything was fine until my HD went
KaPuT, so I installed a new dual 160GB raid system so I won;t lose it all
again, the only problem is now that I reloaded Vista Ultimate I can't access
anything, I have turned UAC off (my god what a mess that is, who thought up
that POS?) and gave permissions and turned over ownership of everything to
me, there is nobody else listed as a user in my system, yet when I use my
AutoCad LT 2008 and try to access files, when I click on the directory I need
to get into, it does nothing, I can get into other ones, but not any of the
ones with little tiny curved arrows in boxes on the lower left. I have access
of them in explorer, but not through LT 2008, HALP !! I need to get back to
work and this is killing me, I am fairly knowledgable in puter stuff, but
Vista is insane... up until now I have liked it, but XP is looking better all
the time...
Mick Murphy

RE: weird access
The ones with "little tiny curved arrows in boxes on the lower left." are
shortcuts to the files, not the files themselves!
LOL.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"DeathDog" wrote:

> I can't get access to certain folders, everything was fine until my HD went
> KaPuT, so I installed a new dual 160GB raid system so I won;t lose it all
> again, the only problem is now that I reloaded Vista Ultimate I can't access
> anything, I have turned UAC off (my god what a mess that is, who thought up
> that POS?) and gave permissions and turned over ownership of everything to
> me, there is nobody else listed as a user in my system, yet when I use my
> AutoCad LT 2008 and try to access files, when I click on the directory I need
> to get into, it does nothing, I can get into other ones, but not any of the
> ones with little tiny curved arrows in boxes on the lower left. I have access
> of them in explorer, but not through LT 2008, HALP !! I need to get back to
> work and this is killing me, I am fairly knowledgable in puter stuff, but
> Vista is insane... up until now I have liked it, but XP is looking better all
> the time...

DeathDog

RE: weird access
okay, oh wise one, then explain why they are showing up in Explorer on my
folders.. like; application data, cookies, local settings, my documents, wait
they are just shortcuts, ok, would you please let me know where I go to find
the actual folders?
if you read my post correctly which you apparently didn't... next time, read
what is posted, before trying to be so funny.. and I'm here for help, not
sarcastic remarks...I just lost 2 years of work through a fried HD, I don't
find it funny I guess. And yes it was backed up, but I just moved and the
backups were apparently destroyed during the move..

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> The ones with "little tiny curved arrows in boxes on the lower left." are
> shortcuts to the files, not the files themselves!
> LOL.
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy

RE: weird access
You are the "computer savvy" one!

Try downloading the 700MBs Knoppix Live CD to recover your Data from crashed
drive! It's an ISO file; burn it to CD, boot with it, and use your system
graphics and RAM to run it without installing it. Copy data to flash drive!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"DeathDog" wrote:

> okay, oh wise one, then explain why they are showing up in Explorer on my
> folders.. like; application data, cookies, local settings, my documents, wait
> they are just shortcuts, ok, would you please let me know where I go to find
> the actual folders?
> if you read my post correctly which you apparently didn't... next time, read
> what is posted, before trying to be so funny.. and I'm here for help, not
> sarcastic remarks...I just lost 2 years of work through a fried HD, I don't
> find it funny I guess. And yes it was backed up, but I just moved and the
> backups were apparently destroyed during the move..
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
> > The ones with "little tiny curved arrows in boxes on the lower left." are
> > shortcuts to the files, not the files themselves!
> > LOL.
> > --
> > Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

DeathDog

RE: weird access
Mike, I appreciate your posts, but they aren't solving my problem.. my HD is
fried, the platters rattle, I am going to send to a company that specializes
in taking the platters out, refitting and reading them..
BUT I still need an answer to my original question, HOW do I get my folders
unlocked in Vista so my programs can access them?
ANYBODY ???