upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license

Arnelbee from Dublin, Ireland

upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license
I UPGRADED MY XP TO HOME PREMIUM VISTA AND SUCCESFULLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS BUT
WHEN I BOUGHT AND UPGRADED TO ULTIMATE BY BUYING DIGITAL LICENSE ON LINE,
AFTER A SUCCESSFUL INSTALL , I COULD NOT ACTIVATED WINDOWS ULTIMATE AND IT
SAYS THAT I HAVE 1 MONTH TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS.THAT THE PRODUCT KEY HAS BEEN
USED ALREADY..

NOTE: I AM RUNNING A DUAL BOOT XP AND VISTA ,HOME PREMIUM OS WAS INSTALLED
IN DISK D.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! please....
Chuck

Re: upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license
There are at least two possibilities.
1. The on line source scammed you.
2. The license is genuine, and you need to make the phone call to MS
concerning activation.
(There are a number of reasons why on line activation can go awry.)

<Arnelbee from Dublin>; "Ireland" <Arnelbee from Dublin,
Ireland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I UPGRADED MY XP TO HOME PREMIUM VISTA AND SUCCESFULLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS

BUT
> WHEN I BOUGHT AND UPGRADED TO ULTIMATE BY BUYING DIGITAL LICENSE ON LINE,
> AFTER A SUCCESSFUL INSTALL , I COULD NOT ACTIVATED WINDOWS ULTIMATE AND IT
> SAYS THAT I HAVE 1 MONTH TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS.THAT THE PRODUCT KEY HAS BEEN
> USED ALREADY..
>
> NOTE: I AM RUNNING A DUAL BOOT XP AND VISTA ,HOME PREMIUM OS WAS INSTALLED
> IN DISK D.
>
> HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! please....

John Barnes

Re: upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license
You should try telephone activation and if necessary stay on the line for an
operator and explain.

"Arnelbee from Dublin, Ireland" <Arnelbee from Dublin,
Ireland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I UPGRADED MY XP TO HOME PREMIUM VISTA AND SUCCESFULLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS
>BUT
> WHEN I BOUGHT AND UPGRADED TO ULTIMATE BY BUYING DIGITAL LICENSE ON LINE,
> AFTER A SUCCESSFUL INSTALL , I COULD NOT ACTIVATED WINDOWS ULTIMATE AND IT
> SAYS THAT I HAVE 1 MONTH TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS.THAT THE PRODUCT KEY HAS BEEN
> USED ALREADY..
>
> NOTE: I AM RUNNING A DUAL BOOT XP AND VISTA ,HOME PREMIUM OS WAS INSTALLED
> IN DISK D.
>
> HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! please....

PMcGarr

Re: upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license

I had the exact same problem as you, and a call to Microsoft was all
that was needed.

--
PMcGarr

case: antec p182
psu: corsair 750tx
mobo: asus maximus formula
cpu: intel q6600
ram: 8gb ocz ddr2 800mhz
vga: sapphire radeon hd3870 512mb
tv: sapphire theatrix 650pro
hdd: 2x wd caviar 250gb sata (raid 0)
hdd: 3x wd caviar 500gb sata (raid 5)
os: vista ultimate 64bit
Jack

Re: upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license
Why are you shouting???????????
Jack

"Arnelbee from Dublin, Ireland" <Arnelbee from Dublin,
Ireland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I UPGRADED MY XP TO HOME PREMIUM VISTA AND SUCCESFULLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS
>BUT
> WHEN I BOUGHT AND UPGRADED TO ULTIMATE BY BUYING DIGITAL LICENSE ON LINE,
> AFTER A SUCCESSFUL INSTALL , I COULD NOT ACTIVATED WINDOWS ULTIMATE AND IT
> SAYS THAT I HAVE 1 MONTH TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS.THAT THE PRODUCT KEY HAS BEEN
> USED ALREADY..
>
> NOTE: I AM RUNNING A DUAL BOOT XP AND VISTA ,HOME PREMIUM OS WAS INSTALLED
> IN DISK D.
>
> HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!! please....

Chuck

Re: upgrade to ultimate with a purchased ultimate digital license
Perhaps because the caps lock key is stuck?