Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Bill

Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
I am installing Vista 64 on new system.
ASUS Stricker II MoBo
4GB Gaming (CL5) memory
Intel Quad 6600
EVGA 8800GTS
2 500GB Seagates
RAID 0 config

Loads Vista ok, but on reboot stops with this error. Have no idea what is
happening. Tests are OK on boot up and mem test ok. If video drive is
problem, how do you load from OEM disk instead of Windows at startup?

Help, want my system up soon..
Bill
John Barnes

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Load the correct video driver at the load driver button on the page where
you select the drive to install on.
I also would remove 2gig of ram for the install, apply the Vista hotfix and
then install the 2gig back.

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am installing Vista 64 on new system.
> ASUS Stricker II MoBo
> 4GB Gaming (CL5) memory
> Intel Quad 6600
> EVGA 8800GTS
> 2 500GB Seagates
> RAID 0 config
>
> Loads Vista ok, but on reboot stops with this error. Have no idea what is
> happening. Tests are OK on boot up and mem test ok. If video drive is
> problem, how do you load from OEM disk instead of Windows at startup?
>
> Help, want my system up soon..
> Bill

Bill

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Great. Did remove one of the 2gb chips and finished the load. Everything is
ok, except running with one 2gb chip. What 'hot fix' are you speaking of?
Did not know there was one.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Load the correct video driver at the load driver button on the page where
> you select the drive to install on.
> I also would remove 2gig of ram for the install, apply the Vista hotfix and
> then install the 2gig back.
>
> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am installing Vista 64 on new system.
> > ASUS Stricker II MoBo
> > 4GB Gaming (CL5) memory
> > Intel Quad 6600
> > EVGA 8800GTS
> > 2 500GB Seagates
> > RAID 0 config
> >
> > Loads Vista ok, but on reboot stops with this error. Have no idea what is
> > happening. Tests are OK on boot up and mem test ok. If video drive is
> > problem, how do you load from OEM disk instead of Windows at startup?
> >
> > Help, want my system up soon..
> > Bill

Bill

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Maybe this is a repeat and if so, sorry. Removed one of the 2gb chips and
system operates ok. Swapped the chip and still works. Put both in and the
BSOD comes back. So what is this 'hot fix' you speak about? Will try if you
can direct me to it.
Thanks in advance.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Load the correct video driver at the load driver button on the page where
> you select the drive to install on.
> I also would remove 2gig of ram for the install, apply the Vista hotfix and
> then install the 2gig back.
>
> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am installing Vista 64 on new system.
> > ASUS Stricker II MoBo
> > 4GB Gaming (CL5) memory
> > Intel Quad 6600
> > EVGA 8800GTS
> > 2 500GB Seagates
> > RAID 0 config
> >
> > Loads Vista ok, but on reboot stops with this error. Have no idea what is
> > happening. Tests are OK on boot up and mem test ok. If video drive is
> > problem, how do you load from OEM disk instead of Windows at startup?
> >
> > Help, want my system up soon..
> > Bill

John Barnes

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
I don't have the link but it has been posted here several times by others.
If you make a new post with the 4gig hotfix as the subject you should get a
quick answer

> Maybe this is a repeat and if so, sorry. Removed one of the 2gb chips and
> system operates ok. Swapped the chip and still works. Put both in and
> the
> BSOD comes back. So what is this 'hot fix' you speak about? Will try if
> you
> can direct me to it.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Load the correct video driver at the load driver button on the page where
>> you select the drive to install on.
>> I also would remove 2gig of ram for the install, apply the Vista hotfix
>> and
>> then install the 2gig back.
>>
>> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am installing Vista 64 on new system.
>> > ASUS Stricker II MoBo
>> > 4GB Gaming (CL5) memory
>> > Intel Quad 6600
>> > EVGA 8800GTS
>> > 2 500GB Seagates
>> > RAID 0 config
>> >
>> > Loads Vista ok, but on reboot stops with this error. Have no idea what
>> > is
>> > happening. Tests are OK on boot up and mem test ok. If video drive is
>> > problem, how do you load from OEM disk instead of Windows at startup?
>> >
>> > Help, want my system up soon..
>> > Bill

Bill

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Found it. KB929777

"John Barnes" wrote:

> I don't have the link but it has been posted here several times by others.
> If you make a new post with the 4gig hotfix as the subject you should get a
> quick answer
>
> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe this is a repeat and if so, sorry. Removed one of the 2gb chips and
> > system operates ok. Swapped the chip and still works. Put both in and
> > the
> > BSOD comes back. So what is this 'hot fix' you speak about? Will try if
> > you
> > can direct me to it.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> Load the correct video driver at the load driver button on the page where
> >> you select the drive to install on.
> >> I also would remove 2gig of ram for the install, apply the Vista hotfix
> >> and
> >> then install the 2gig back.

John Barnes

Re: Getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL