Microsoft product verification

jilpet

Microsoft product verification
I recently purchadsed a computer and have been using it for about three
weeks. Yesterday i had a message that my Windows Vista was not genuine and
needed to re-enter the product key. I did that from the sticker on the
copmuter, but I still have a littel message in the bottom right of my desktop
screen that says "Windows Vista BUild 6000 This copy of Windows is not
genuine" What do i Do about that?
PvdG42

Re: Microsoft product verification
"jilpet" <jilpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchadsed a computer and have been using it for about three
> weeks. Yesterday i had a message that my Windows Vista was not genuine
> and
> needed to re-enter the product key. I did that from the sticker on the
> copmuter, but I still have a littel message in the bottom right of my
> desktop
> screen that says "Windows Vista BUild 6000 This copy of Windows is not
> genuine" What do i Do about that?

I'd suggest taking it back to whomever you purchased it from and telling
them to take care of the problem under warranty. You do have a warranty,
correct? And a receipt indicating that a Vista OEM license is part of the
purchase?
As you didn't mention the manufacturer or vendor, I have no way of knowing
if your Vista might be pirated.
Another option: Try telephone activation and wait for a human to come
online, then explain the issue and see if they can help.
To get the phone number to call:

type SLUI 4 from an Administrator command prompt and
follow the instructions for telephone activation .

Dustin Harper

Re: Microsoft product verification
Try going here and validating the install:
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. There have been a few glitches in that
part of Vista, I've noticed.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"jilpet" <jilpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchadsed a computer and have been using it for about three
> weeks. Yesterday i had a message that my Windows Vista was not genuine
> and
> needed to re-enter the product key. I did that from the sticker on the
> copmuter, but I still have a littel message in the bottom right of my
> desktop
> screen that says "Windows Vista BUild 6000 This copy of Windows is not
> genuine" What do i Do about that?

Rick Rogers

Re: Microsoft product verification
Hi,

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx and click the
button to validate your installation at upper right.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jilpet" <jilpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchadsed a computer and have been using it for about three
> weeks. Yesterday i had a message that my Windows Vista was not genuine
> and
> needed to re-enter the product key. I did that from the sticker on the
> copmuter, but I still have a littel message in the bottom right of my
> desktop
> screen that says "Windows Vista BUild 6000 This copy of Windows is not
> genuine" What do i Do about that?

johnsonnn

RE: Microsoft product verification
where are you ??? Hello, how are you, please sit back and relax, and with me
you don’t need to worry about anything because where there problem with you i
am always there, as far as your problem is concern it is no problem for me
so, without wasting a minute I wana tell you the exact and real solution of
your problem. Please keep telling about your experiences and problem to me, I
shall definitely give you the ultimate solution of your every day problems.
And you have to talk to your other friends about me so I have been
appreciated.
dear, you need to do only activate your copy of Windows with COA Sticker
Product Key, again and you are done!
ya digitally

"jilpet" wrote:

> I recently purchadsed a computer and have been using it for about three
> weeks. Yesterday i had a message that my Windows Vista was not genuine and
> needed to re-enter the product key. I did that from the sticker on the
> copmuter, but I still have a littel message in the bottom right of my desktop
> screen that says "Windows Vista BUild 6000 This copy of Windows is not
> genuine" What do i Do about that?

Anil Jha