Installation Vista Ultimate Full Version

=?Utf-8?B?V2hlZWxlcg==?=

Installation Vista Ultimate Full Version
I run the Upgrade Advisor and it says my hardware passed. I have some device
problems so I removed everthing but the essentials. Disable on board Lan,
unplug 1 Rom, all I have plugged in is video, hard drive, 1 rom and floppy
drive (forgot to unplug floppy). I get a blue screen with errors but it is
gone so fast I can't read it. Then computer restarts and then I have the
options to go into Safe Mode, Start Normal etc.
My System
ASUS P4P800 motherboard
3.0 GHz
1 GB Ram
Radeon X1600 video
I have tried different hard drives, with more than adequate space
Floppy

Please help, a lot of money to just sit on shelf

Mark

Re: Installation Vista Ultimate Full Version
From one of our MVPs FAQ pages:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/vista_faq.htm

(This all assumes you can at least get to the Control Panel before it
dies...)

Disable Automatic Restart to Read Blue Screen Messages
Sometimes an error occurs on your machine and you are immediately hit by a
BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). The only problem is the screen flashes by so
quickly you rarely get to see what may have caused the error in the first
place. To the layman the information on the screen may as well be in a
foreign language but, in a number of cases, to a technician the all
important 'gobbledegook' can mean the difference between locating your
problem or complete disaster. By disabling the automatically restart on
system failure feature, you are able to read what messages appear on the
blue screen and can, if necessary, pass the information on to your technical
support person.

1/ Click Start button
2/ From Start menu Click Control panel
3/ In Control Panel Click the System icon
4/ In the System Window look on the Left hand side of the window and you
will see a list of options. Click on the Advanced System Settings option
5/ Because Computer management requires administrative privileges you may
find the the User Account Control will pop up. If it does then enter the
required information (if you are not the administrator) or, if you are the
administrator, click the Continue button
6/ In the Advanced Settings window look for the Startup and Recovery section
and then Click the Settings button
7/ In the Startup and recovery window look for the section marked System
failure and remove the 'tick' mark from the 'Automatically Restart' option.
Now press OK button
8/ Finally click the OK button on the System properties Window and then
close the system window.

"Wheeler" <Wheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run the Upgrade Advisor and it says my hardware passed. I have some
>device
> problems so I removed everthing but the essentials. Disable on board Lan,
> unplug 1 Rom, all I have plugged in is video, hard drive, 1 rom and floppy
> drive (forgot to unplug floppy). I get a blue screen with errors but it is
> gone so fast I can't read it. Then computer restarts and then I have the
> options to go into Safe Mode, Start Normal etc.
> My System
> ASUS P4P800 motherboard
> 3.0 GHz
> 1 GB Ram
> Radeon X1600 video
> I have tried different hard drives, with more than adequate space
> Floppy
>
> Please help, a lot of money to just sit on shelf

John Barnett MVP

Re: Installation Vista Ultimate Full Version
The instruction Mark gave you are from my website. I doubt you will be able
to get to the control panel in this situation, maybe you should try safe
mode, then follow the instruction (Mark provided) and then reboot into
normal mode.

Blue screens are usually driver related but are somewhat difficult to
troubleshoot. Just one suggestion, though. If you have an USB peripherals
connected then remove them - i'm not talking keyboard/mouse here, but
certainly unplug USB modems, printers, scanners. webcams etc.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org